Shop Floor Team Member Plating
Shop Floor Team Member – Plating
Are you a production professional looking for your next step? Want to build a rewarding career with a globally successful business? If so, we want to hear from you.
Who will I be working for?
Daido Metal is a world-leading provider of plain bearings for marine, rail, traction and industrial engines. With a diverse customer base across many sectors, we supply the complete range of plain bearings on a global scale.
Our site in Ilminster produces plain bearings, bushings and thrust bearings for medium speed diesel engines, turbochargers and a range of other rotating and reciprocating machines.
We are now looking for a Shop Floor Team Member to join us in Ilminster and support our plating processes.
What are the benefits?
- Salary of £9.35 per hour DOE
- 26 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Public holiday premium of one third pay
- Prudential group personal pension plan
- Access to discounts at restaurants, holidays, travel and more
- Social club that organises events and trips
- Early finish on Fridays
- Training and development opportunities
What will I be doing?
As a Shop Floor Team Member, you will maintain and operate our plating equipment.
Reporting to the Plating Team Leader, you will:
- Receive and check materials for production
- Set, operate and maintain equipment, fixtures and tooling
- Carry out product quality checks
- Maintain good housekeeping standards
- Ensure an effective handover to the following shift
What do I need?
To join us as a Shop Floor Team Member, you will need:
- Production experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to read and accurately interpret engineering drawings
- A flexible approach and the ability to support team members
- To be self-motivated and focused
Ideally, you will have plating or electroplating knowledge, but this is not essential.
Other companies may call this role Production Technician, Manufacturing Technician, Plating Technician, Plating Operative, Machine Operator, Machine Operative, Machine Setter or Production Operative.
This is a full time role, working Monday – Thursday, 8:00 – 16:30 and Friday, 8:00 – 13:20.
Webrecruit and Daido Metal are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Shop Floor Team Member, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.