Lead PSV/HGV Mechanic/Technician
We are looking for Lead Technicians/Mechanics to join our busy team in Slough.
As a Lead Technician you will lead the Engineering Operation dealing with Vehicle Servicing, Breakdown and Inspections and diagnose faults specifying the correct method of repair and length of time it may take to repair.
The salary for this position is GBP39,270 per annum and if on night shift you'll also receive an additional GBP2.81 per hour. On average there will be 28 hours of "unsocial payment" per week which brings the total salary to GBP43,361 per annum. Your working hours will be 40 per week.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals who have a flexible approach to work and who are keen to support others.
What will you be doing?
Working as part of the team, you will be responsible for the following duties;
- To be fully up to date with individual vehicle history paying particular attention to reoccurring defects prior to carrying out the vehicle inspection.
- To be familiar with modern repair techniques and the use of electronic and mechanical diagnostic equipment (i.e. Brake rolling road tester, smoke meter, headlight alignment tester, engine oil sampling and diagnostic laptop equipment).
- To be flexible in respect of working hours to ensure commitments to operational requirements are fulfilled.
- Remain up to date with any new engineering or health and safety legislation, or First policy that may affect the working environment or vehicle maintenance regime.
- To be familiar with computerised engineering systems and the input and extraction of relevant data.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2) in a relevant qualification.
- Fully conversant with the overhaul and repair of vehicle systems, the safe operation of workshop equipment and familiar with diagnostic equipment
- Must be in the possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence.
What can we offer you?
You'll enjoy a range of benefits, such as free travel on our buses for you and your family, a pension scheme and the chance to buy discounted First shares. You will also get discounted train travel for you and your family & friends on our train operators (GWR, SWR, TPE & Hull Trains). On top of this our rewards include First Xclusives where you can benefit from over 3,000 offers on a variety of goods and services.
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected or having the right kit for the job!
What do we do?
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go.
Engineering is an integral part of our business focussing on efficiency, excellence, safety and reliability. We're constantly looking for ways to improve our processes, techniques and ways of engineering our very diverse fleet.
Working for First UK Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team of technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days are ever the same!
Interested? Apply Today!