A permanent employment opportunity has become available for a skilled HGV/PSV Electrician to join our team in Bath
As an HGV/PSV Electrician you will diagnose and carry out vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement in accordance with Central Engineering Standard Operating Procedures. The successful candidate will be someone who has the ability to work safely and efficiently to a high standard in a busy engineering workshop.You will be working 39 hours per week (this will include weekend work) and the salary is GBP16.42 per hour (GBP33,000+ per year)
- To diagnose vehicle faults and specify the correct method of repair and parts to be used within defined quality standards and within the most cost effective manner.
- To carry out vehicle servicing in accordance with central engineering SOPs.
- To record job times for the repair action either manually or electronically.
- To ensure parts replaced under warranty are returned to stores fully labelled and in a clean condition.
- To attend on-road vehicle breakdowns and recoveries.
- To carry out vehicle road testing where necessary to discover specific vehicle defects or following remedial repair.
As an Electrician you will require the following:
• Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2).
• Must be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment and the overhaul and repair of vehicle electrical systems.
• Must be in the possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence if required.
You'll enjoy a range of benefits, such as free travel on our buses for you and your family, a pension scheme and the chance to buy discounted First shares. You will also get discounted train travel for you and your friends & family on our train operators (GWR, SWR, TPE & Hull Trains). For example, for GBP6 per day per person you can take the train all the way to London and back! On top of this our rewards include First Xclusives where you can benefit from over 3,000 offers on a variety of goods and services.
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go. Together we provide helpful and reliable services on our buses, keep thousands of vehicles on the road and make sure everything runs smoothly.
We can offer you a wide range of rewarding careers, as we make a big investment in the future and transform the world of bus travel.
Interested? Apply Today!