Finance Officer (Part Time)
Finance Officer (Part Time)
Exmoor House, Dulverton, Somerset
Are you a diligent Finance Officer looking for a part time role where you can broaden your skill-set? Want to join a forward-thinking organisation that promotes a healthy work-life balance, employee wellbeing and good mental health? If so, we want to hear from you.
Exmoor National Park Authority is the organisation that manages a unique and beautiful part of the country that has been shaped by nature and people over thousands of years.
From the high cliffs that plunge into the Bristol Channel to the vast moorlands of North Devon, Exmoor offers drama, tranquillity, beauty and adventure. Whether it’s the wild red deer, villages bursting with character or dark skies full of stars, it is a place of rare experiences, stunning vistas and engaging environments.
This is a great time to join the Authority, with the implementation of a new Corporate Plan that focuses on a transition to a new funding era where our services will continue to be developed and maintained.
We are currently looking for a Finance Officer to join us, working 22.2 hours per week, at Exmoor House, based in a beautiful wooded valley beside the River Barle.
- Salary of up to £24,799 pro rata
- Government pension
- Flexible working
- Family friendly schemes
- Dog friendly office
- Paid sickness leave
- Social events
- 27 days’ holiday pro rata plus Bank Holidays
- Annual personal development reviews and quarterly one-to-one meetings
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a well-established organisation that provides a welcoming, collaborative culture where staff have the flexibility, freedom and support they need to thrive.
As a Finance Officer, you will complete a range of activities to support our financial operations.
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Operations, you will:
- Provide financial information and advice to budget managers throughout the organisation, up to and including the CEO
- Ensure we remain compliant with current legislation
- Manage the budget monitoring process
- Carry out credit control activities
- Manage the purchase ledger and certify creditor payment runs
To join us as a Finance Officer, you will need:
- Experience of working within a finance department, covering the full range of finance duties
- A full AAT qualification or part CIPFA qualification
- Proficiency in MS Office, including in-depth knowledge of spreadsheets (Excel)
- The ability to input, analyse and extract information using spreadsheets, databases and finance software (e.g. SAP)
We would love to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Finance Clerk, Accounts Clerk, Purchase Ledger Clerk, Accounts Officer, Accounts Assistant or Finance Assistant.
Those from an Accounts, Accounting, Accountancy, Finance or Financial background are also encouraged to apply.
The closing date for applications is midday on the 2nd October 2019, with interviews scheduled to be held on the 11th October 2019.
As a service provider and local employer, Exmoor National Park Authority is committed to promoting equal opportunities and tackling social exclusion in everything it does. The Authority recognises its statutory equality duties under legislation in terms of service provision and employment and is committed to meet them.
So, if you want to join our hard-working team as a Finance Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.