Graduate Finance & Investments Assistant
A Bath wealth management company is looking for an ambitious and focused graduate to join their Investments Administration team. The company provides brilliant career development opportunities and the study support and training scheme stands out above the industry standard. This opportunity would most suit a graduate with a degree in Economics, Maths, Finance or similar.
We are looking for a graduate who is keen to study towards professional finance qualifications and is focused on a career in the investments sector. There is much scope to expand and develop within this role and ultimately within the business as a whole.
The offices are located just two minutes' walk away from Bath Spa train and bus stations making it an easy commute for those travelling into Bath.
This will be a varied and interesting role with a mixture of operational and regulatory focus assisting the Investments division with business-critical activities. Working closely alongside operational teams, the primary focus is upon daily external cash reconciliations, monthly stock reconciliations and distribution processing in accordance with FCA and CASS guidelines.
- Daily client money reconciliations
- Cheque processing and banking
- Liaison with third parties such as fund managers, auditors and banks
- Distribution processing
- Supporting the company's ongoing adherence to FCA regulations
- Reconciliation investigation
- Meeting all Financial Conduct Authority regulations, particularly CASS
- Good attention to detail
- Proactive and innovative approach to problem solving and decision making
- Logical and analytical
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ownership and accountability
- Excellent drive with ability to work unsupervised and under own initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Financial Services experience
- Understanding of investments and investment products
- Good Excel skills
- Excellent training and career prospects
- Paid study support and financial incentives for exam passes
- Pension, healthcare insurance, gym membership, vouchers, discounts and train travel season ticket loan