Manufacturing Technician - Permanent - Lincoln
PepsiCo has an opening for an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Technician (MT) to join our busy Supply Chain Team based at our Walkers manufacturing site in Lincoln. The Lincoln Site was established in 1938 and has been the home of Quavers, a key snack brand of the Walkers portfolio for 50 years!
Do you want to work with us as an MT where you'll be a key member of the production team where your actions will directly impact our overall site performance? In order to maintain the efficiency of our production lines, you combine your technical competence with strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to lead and initiate change. With an aptitude to coach and mentor others, you will have the ability to adapt to an ever-changing, dynamic manufacturing environment, and be able to quickly identify and remedy machine errors as they occur.
Do you like the sound of this excellent opportunity? Yes! If so read on...
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for a designated area, driving performance to meet, maintain and exceed quality, food safety, cost, service and safety measures.
- Co-ordinating and motivating the General Operator team to achieve daily production targets.
- Providing operational control for all elements of running production equipment to include set-up, maintenance and cleaning.
- Monitoring, controlling and carrying out basic fault diagnosis and repairs on equipment and machinery.
- Taking responsibility for good manufacturing practice with excellent hygiene and safety standards within the designated area.
- This shift based role comes with a salary of GBP34,093.11 per annum (inclusive of shift allowance).
- You would be working on a continental shift pattern; 2x12 hrs days 0, followed by 2x12 hr nights 1 (average of 42 hours per week).
Site Benefits Local benefits include:
Staff shop, subsidised canteen, free on site parking, along with all uniform and PPE! Qualifications/Requirements
- Validated mechanical and maintenance experience
- Demonstrable experience of machine operation, fault-finding and repair
- Logical approach to problem solving, and practical skills on plant equipment
- Skills in communicating effectively and mentoring/influencing others
- Able to find opportunities for improvement and implement solutions
- Previous manufacturing/factory experience would be helpful
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales. Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.