We are looking to recruit a qualified Fund Accountant with alternative investment funds experience for a growing fund administration business based in Exeter, Devon. The successful candidate will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with at least 3-5 years PQE and possess strong technical accounting, leadership and communication skills. The role is responsible for all aspects of fund administration and accounting, including the review of detailed accounting information relating to a portfolio of alternative investment.
- Review net asset value calculations, cash reports, revenue projections, AIC or other industry returns, in accordance with the laid down business policies and procedures and within the required timeframe.
- Administer alternative investment funds, accounting and income information for a portfolio of clients.
- Review management accounts and accompanying schedules as applicable, in accordance with documented business policies and procedures and within the required timeframe.
- Thorough understanding of all fund administration activities including corporate actions, fund structures and resulting accounting entries.
- Prepare/review half year and full year accounts together with related information.
- Attend client company board and management meetings as required.
- Effective implementation of on-boarding new business and fund changes.
- Regularly review Service Level Agreements and update as appropriate.
- Take the lead with client and auditor dealing with all queries and escalate as appropriate.
- Actively manage and mentor staff under supervision, including 1to1's and staff appraisals.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Knowledge of UK GAAP, US GAAP, and IFRS as applied to the alternative investment funds industry
- Extensive fund accounting experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrably methodical and highly organised with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated
- Innovation, change and continuous improvement
- Capable of managing multiple concurrent tasks in a demanding business environment
- Able to work with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, including senior management
- Able to use own initiative and the ability to work through issues with minimal supervision
- Commercial awareness
- Technical awareness