Trust Finance Officer
Trust Finance Officer
Grade 5 point 12-17 £21,589-£23,836 (pro-rata to approx. £19,800-£21,860 for TTO working)
37 hours per week/flexible working
Term time only with a minimum of 4 weeks in the holidays
The Morris Education Trust was formed in 2016 to develop a local family of schools initially within Cambridgeshire. We are passionate about and deeply committed to comprehensive, community-rooted education.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced finance officer to support the Trust’s finance function at a time of growth and change. We are looking for a colleague to join the Finance team supporting the finance functions for schools and commercial trading company which forms part of the trust. You will input invoices, credit notes and orders using Sage 200 as well as cash handling, banking and bank reconciliation to ensure accurate monthly reporting.
If you have the following finance skills we would love to hear from you:
- Accuracy of input and record keeping
- An eye for detail
- Conscientious and used to working with sensitive or confidential information
- Numerate and comfortable with working with numbers
- Good IT sills, ideally used to inputting to accounting systems
- You work well under pressure and take multi-tasking in your stride
- You are a confident communicator with a positive can-do attitude
In return, we can provide you with:
- flexible working arrangements wherever possible in order to get the best candidate for this position
- opportunity to work in a small and friendly team that has ambitious goals to provide Trust support and value to our schools and outlets
- access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- ‘family’ day off to take when you wish to spend time with your family
- 50% reduction for staff use of the onsite sports facilities
- Cycle to work scheme
Our Trust is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. We do not accept applications by CV.
If you would enjoy bringing your finance skills and enthusiasm to this role the go to our website for an application form and pack by clicking the apply button.
Closing date is 10am Friday 20 September.