Would you thrive in a job that is making a real difference to people’s lives in your Region?
Here at Grand Union, we are more than just a financially strong Housing Association, we are making an impact on the housing crisis, supporting sustainable communities and providing life-long homes for our customers. We provide additional, critical services to support the most vulnerable but we also build shared ownership and outright sales for those who want to get on the property ladder.
We are passionate about our communities and we are committed to being a Learning Organisation, developing talent to deliver our service goals and supporting the next generation into a career in Housing.
About the role:
We are currently looking for an experienced Electrician who can demonstrate a high level of skill along with a great customer focus to carry out a range of electrical tasks, together with related duties, in a range of other trade disciplines.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who is trained to 18th Edition with City and Guilds 2382 Certificate in requirements for Electrical Installations (BS7671) and City and Guilds 2391
- (Inspection, Testing and Certification) or NVQ equivalent, with post qualification experience
- Experience of working in occupied and unoccupied domestic properties.
- The skills to install new electrical installations and undertaking upgrade projects.
- The ability to carry out related building and plumbing tasks, with training as necessary
- You must be able to travel effectively and efficiently to our sites.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Holiday 20 days raising to 25
- Aviva Pension Scheme up to 10% company contribution
- Up to 2 paid professional subscriptions
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Free life assurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Health cash-plan including employee assistance
- Regular bonus points from our GUS Intranet, which lead to vouchers
- Free parking at all our offices
- Discounted cinema tickets
If you are like-minded in wanting to help shape the future of housing through the delivery of quality services to our customers, great at your job and with a ‘can-do’ attitude, we want to hear from you.
You are just one click away from starting your journey with us ...
We are committed to implementing our Equality, Diversity and Customer Care Policy and are proactive about safeguarding vulnerable adults and children.