Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles?
If yes, then we might just have the job for you! We are looking for a skilled PSV/HGV Mechanic/Technician to join our busy Engineering team in Bath (multiple shifts available).
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified Skilled Mechanic/Technician with previous experience, preferably with knowledge of PCV/HGV vehicles.
- Day shift rate GBP14.92 per hour (GBP29,500 per year)
- Shift Rate GBP16.42 per hour (GBP32,500 per year)
- Night shift rate GBP18.06 per hour (GBP35,500 per year) - the hours are 22:00 - 06:00, Monday - Friday
You'll be working 38 hours per week.
What will you be doing?
As a Mechanic/Technician will be responsible for the following duties:
- Diagnose and carry out vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement
- Diagnose vehicle faults and specify the correct method of repair and parts to be used
- Carry out vehicle servicing and routine vehicle examinations using hand held data capture devices if applicable
- Attend on-road vehicle breakdowns and recoveries
- Carry out vehicle road testing where necessary to determine specific vehicle defects or following remedial repair
Who are we looking for?
- A minimum Level 3 NVQ standard of equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds Level 1&2)
- Ability to multi-skill within an Engineering Environment
- A flexible approach to working hours
- A PCV licence is desirable, ability to obtain PCV licence is essential
- Experience of working with buses & coaches would be an advantage
What can we offer you?
You'll enjoy a range of benefits, such as free travel on our buses for you and your family, a pension scheme and the chance to buy discounted First shares. You will also get discounted train travel for you and your family & friends on our train operators (GWR, SWR, TPE & Hull Trains). On top of this our rewards include First Xclusives where you can benefit from over 3,000 offers on a variety of goods and services.
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected or having the right kit for the job!
What do we do?
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go.
Working for First UK Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team of technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days are ever the same!
Interested? Apply Today!