Kensington Gardens - London
£28,500 - £34,800 per annum
London’s eight Royal Parks are some of the best-loved and most beautiful spaces in the world. They are enjoyed by millions of Londoners and visitors to the city each year and provide 5,000 acres of urban parkland and unparalleled landscape significance with an extraordinary wealth of landscapes, buildings and habitats.
The Royal Parks is a registered charity, number 1172042, created in March 2017 to manage 5,000 acres of historic Royal parkland across London.
About the role
We are offering a unique opportunity to join The Royal Parks as Playground Manager at the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Playground. This significant playground provides innovative and imaginative play opportunities with the aim of developing a child’s physical skill and understanding of risk in a controlled play environment. It is an inclusive space designed such that less able and able-bodied children can play together.
As the Playground Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the playground as part of the Park Management Team within Kensington Garden. The role is supported by seasonal play leaders, contractors and service providers.
This popular, free-to-access playground is open 7 days per week, all year round, and attracts over 1 million visitors annually. This is a hands-on operational role in a busy and dynamic environment.
This is a full time, permanent contract (across a 7 day working week). You will be required to work 3 weekends out of 4 across the year. Some shifts will require working until 8pm.
Given the nature of this prestigious playground, you should be passionate about play and the role it has in the physical, creative, social and educational development of children.
Our ideal candidates will aspire to continually improve the visitor experience and operational standards. You will possess relevant experience in managing, overseeing and co-ordinating operational activities of staff employed by contractors and service providers engaged in the daily operation of the playground.
It is essential that the post-holder is flexible and willing to work outside of normal office hours, including weekends, across a 7-day working week.
To apply for this role, candidates should apply by clicking on the button shown.
You will be asked to submit your CV and personal statement describing how your skills and experience meet the essential competencies in the Person Specification. When writing your personal statement, please ensure it references the following criteria as these criteria are what applications will be shortlisted against:
- A thorough knowledge of the principles of Health and Safety and their application to operational practice including understanding roles, responsibilities and the carrying out of Risk Assessments.
- Experience of dealing with, and resolving, enquiries, issues and complaints from members of public.
- Experience of managing operations, contractors and service providers in busy public sites/visitor attractions within the leisure, play or other relevant sector.
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and organisational skills, with the ability to work under pressure on busy public sites to one’s own initiative.
- Able to demonstrate a highly motivated, flexible and adaptable approach to work including working outside normal office hours (weekends and evenings).
- Ability to problem solve, acting calmly and thinking quickly and creatively in potentially variable, diverse and business critical situations.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Playground Manager, Playground Operations Manager, Visitor Operations Manager, Visitor Experience Manager, Site Operations Manager, Parks Manager, Park Operations Manager.
Working hours: 36 hours per week