Regional Sales Manager
Regional Sales Manager
Covering the South West England and South Wales
Our client, one of the world’s leading manufacturers in personal protective equipment, is seeking a Regional Sales Manager to cover the South West of England and South Wales. As leaders in their field, our client prides themselves on the breadth of their solutions and the quality of their designs.
- Basic salary + bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Company car
- Full training
- Support from a proactive and efficient office
As the Regional Sales Manager, you will promote manufacturer’s safety products and grow turnover via proactive sales activities.
In this full time role, your primary objectives will be to develop the region’s distribution network, both by actively managing existing distributor accounts and by strategically adding new distributors. It is therefore important and often necessary to convince and energise distributor’s key decision makers, and with their agreement, motivate and train their sales forces to actively sell and/or switch over products and grow.
The other key aspect of this role is to seek out, proactively work with, and convert large scale end-users and back sell into the distribution network. You will be responsible for the region’s commercial activities, so thorough planning and time-management skills are essential to ensure that optimum results are achieved.
Your activities will include:
- Developing and expanding your region’s distribution network
- Increasing the distributor network’s product offering
- Supporting your distributor and the end-user via product trials, training and toolbox talks
- Converting large end-user business
To be considered as the Regional Sales Manager, you will need to be a very persuasive, bold salesperson who has excellent people skills and possesses the ability to motivate and manage others.
The individual should be able to demonstrate a stable career that is still on an upward trajectory and have a number of years’ external sales experience. You will have received some formal sales training during your career and will most likely have a background in managing a territory and accounts. Additionally, practical knowledge of the safety industry and many of its stakeholders and facets would be an advantage, as would experience of selling technical consumable products into a wide spectrum of large end-users.
To be considered for this role of Regional Sales Manager, you will need:
- Experience of managing distributors and back selling
- Strong account and territory management skills
- Good commercial acumen - enabling you to analyse, stay on track and achieve set and agreed business goals with distribution partners
- To be a motivated and structured individual
- The ability to work off your own initiative and commercially prioritise
- To be hard-working and results-orientated
- A dedicated and thorough approach
Other organisations may call this role Territory Sales Manager, Sales Manager, Technical Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Key Account Manager, Client Relationship Manager or Regional Sales Executive.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Regional Sales Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.