Blackburn or Wakefield
£24,925 per annum, rising to £29,017 with length of service
Full Time, 37 hours per week
Our client is currently enjoying a fantastic period of growth, and as such they have an exciting opportunity for a new data analyst to join their team based out of either of their corporate hubs, Blackburn, Lancashire or Wakefield, Yorkshire.
They are a leading Housing Association, which improves the lives of thousands across the North of England. They are looking for someone who can develop and help maintain a framework for ensuring the appropriate use and robust management of data across all the Company’s core systems.
Your role will be to work with service leads to agree their data requirements and controls within their area of business. Ensuring that data usage is compliant with regulation (for example GDPR) and best practice. You will also undertake detailed analysis and checks on the quality of the company’s data, including strategies for data collection, data cleansing, flows of data between system and quality assurance.
This role will be based from either their office in Blackburn, Lancashire or Wakefield, Yorkshire, where you will work with relevant stakeholders, including the wider Business Improvement Team (BIT) to drive, develop, implement and maintain a robust Data Governance Strategy for the Group.
They will need someone who is able to:
- Work with large data sets
- Be able to take a methodical approach to data cleansing
- Is used to communicating with data users
In order to successfully undertake your role as a data analyst based out of Wakefield, Yorkshire or Blackburn, Lancashire you will require the following key skills, knowledge & experience:
- Evidence of solving analytical problems and undertaking detailed analysis with large datasets.
- Knowledge and experience of data management – including data standards, master data and metadata management
- To have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically word, excel and outlook
The ideal candidate will also already have a good understanding of database management and data warehousing including the use of appropriate technologies and tools for example; R Studio, Microsoft Sequel Management Studio (SSMS) and Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS).
Due to the nature of the role, having a full driving license with access to a vehicle insured for business use will be required.
In return they can offer you a great set of benefits which includes;
- 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years service) + bank holidays
- A great flexible working environment, with a range of family friendly policies
- Great new comfortable and modern offices
- A huge scope of personal development opportunities
- A very attractive pension scheme & healthcare benefits as well
For the more active minded we also offer a “cycle to work” scheme
Our client is dedicated to ensuring that the principles and duties of safeguarding both adults and children are holistically, consistently and conscientiously applied with the wellbeing of all in mind.
They are an Investor in People organisation.