General Manager – New Pub Launch
General Manager – New Pub Launch
Are you an enthusiastic hospitality professional with a passion for delivering great guest experiences? Looking for the chance to build your own team and play an important role in a brand-new pub launch in one of the most beautiful parts of the country?
If so, this is an amazing opportunity to develop a rewarding career with a well-established business as a General Manager.
What it’s like to be a General Manager with St Austell Brewery:
Taking the helm of our new site as General Manager, you’ll be encouraged to treat the pub as your own business. You’re an expert in what you do, so we’ll encourage your creativity and entrepreneurial drive to develop the business.
We have pubs that are loved by locals and visitors alike across the South West, and this role offers the opportunity to help write the success story of our newest site.
Joining us in early 2020, you will:
- Support the success of the pub’s opening and build a hard-working team
- Juggle all elements of operational and commercial management for the pub
- Enjoy being a hands-on member of the busy operation, working shoulder-to-shoulder with your team to provide a memorable guest experience
- Thrive on being a role model to your team who turn to you for support and development, inspiring them to strive for the best in everything they do
Our people say they’re really proud of their pubs and that the personal development we offer sets us aside from the rest when it comes to a career in hospitality. As well as the package you would expect for such a pivotal management role, we also offer great benefits, including exceptional bonus potential which could see you earning over 50% of your salary.
What you’ll need:
As our General Manager, you’ll be proud of what you’ve achieved while successfully managing a busy, quality food-led venue. You’re a natural when it comes to communicating, delighting guests and motivating teams. Your experience will have seen you:
- Become truly passionate about creating positive and memorable experiences that wow your guests
- Build and lead an exceptional team
- Control cash and stock
- Hone your outstanding organisation skills
- Hold a personal licence
Who is St Austell Brewery?
Our venues are exciting places to be, dynamic, high volume and fast paced whilst also offering high quality locally-sourced food and outstanding beers. The desirable locations across the South West mean our pubs experience significant seasonal demand over the summer, with holidaymakers flocking to experience our hospitality.
As part of the St Austell Brewery family, we are proud of our heritage and independence. We remain family owned with family values. We’re delighted to have been awarded the Investors in People Gold status to acknowledge what we have created for our people.
We produce award-winning beers and have pubs and hotels spanning across the South West from Bath & Bristol to the Isles of Scilly.
Are there any perks?
As one of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- 30% discount off food and drink
- 50% discount off accommodation
- A competitive and achievable company bonus scheme
- A supportive health cash plan
- Fantastic training and career development opportunities
- Discounted memberships with local businesses
- Cycle to work scheme
If you want to help drive the success of a brand-new St Austell Brewery site, please apply via the button shown.
We will deal with your application in the strictest of confidence and welcome applications from people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientation authorised to work within the UK.
There will be an Assessment Day for this position in November 2019.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.