VQ Life Sciences are recruiting for a Permanent Quality Engineer based in the Northwest.
The primary responsibility is to ensure that quality product is manufactured according to established standards and that customer requirements are met. This includes conducting audits of production parts and processes, leading efforts in resolving customer complaints, and leading the corrective action process. Other responsibilities include maintaining and reporting on quality process dashboards, managing the PPAP process, and representation of quality interests in various meetings and teams.
REPORTING TO: Quality Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads teams in problem solving and process improvement for customer complaints; maintains and summaries Customer Complaint Process by preparing various charts and graphs; presents and reviews results to management and team.
- Facilitates Corrective Action teams; coordinates meetings to discuss solutions and results. Maintains internal reports on Corrective Action Process; Summaries data and reports results to management.
- Participates in supplier evaluations. Manage Supplier Corrective Actions and PPAP activities. Work with vendors to resolve product quality issues.
- Manages PPAP process; works with customers and other departments to ensure that PPAP's are completed on-time and that customer specific requirements are properly defined and met.
- Maintains and updates Synergy In-Process Inspection system. Monitor inspection status and SPC results to ensure product conformity.
- Facilitates cross-functional teams to create/manage control plans and PFMEA's for products and processes.
- Participates in the MRB team and dispositions suspect/non-conforming product.
- Works with Operations and Engineering to test and inspect customer returned suspect product. Analyses data to determine root cause and effective solutions in reducing the defects that occur in manufacturing/assembly processes.
- Coordinate and implement interim containment activities in response to non-conforming product and new products.
- Conducts process audits in various manufacturing departments to ensure that operators are producing parts to specifications and following established procedures. Documents observations and presents findings and action items to departmental supervisor(s). Follows-up on action item completion.
- Serves on interdepartmental teams to represent Quality interests.
- Creates and documents standard work process and visual aids.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIRED ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge of algebra and statistics including SPC.
- Must be familiar with operating a PC, MS Word, Excel and databases.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make presentations before management groups.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical/Industrial preferred).
- 3-7 years experience as a Quality Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- Supplier Quality experience, including Supplier Audits, a plus.
- Experience working with automotive customers and/or knowledge of automotive quality tools (PPAP's, APQP, FMEA's, G8D Corrective Action process, etc .)
- Lead Auditor certification for ISO9001/TS16949 (or IATF 16949) or qualified by internal training and/or experience preferred.
The physical, mental/visual and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Approximately 40% of the time will be spent on the floor.
- Approximately 10% of the time is spent bending and crouching.
- Requires use of hands and arms at least 60% of the time.
- Lifting requirements are generally less than 10 lbs. Lifting could occasionally reach the company maximum of 65 lbs.
- Time is primarily spent in a climate-controlled office, with the balance in a shop environment.
- Noise exposure is light to moderate.
- Close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus are necessary to perform the job functions.
- Peripheral vision is required for safety.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving, Interpersonal Skills, Relationships with Others, Communication and Contact, Planning/organising, Quality control, Adaptability, Dependability, Safety and security.
If you have the relevant experience and interested in this Permanent Quality Engineer position in the Northwest please get in touch.