Scientist I Microbiological Testing
Scientist I – Microbiological Testing
Perfectus Biomed is a multi-award winning, UKAS accredited Contract Research Organisation (CRO). Offering both standard and customised microbiology testing services, we have extensive experience of developing fit-for-purpose experiments that mimic real-life scenarios.
With Scientists that specialise in antimicrobial, biofilm, viral, fungal and cellular research, we deliver leading services to customers from a range of sectors.
We are now looking for a Scientist to join us in Daresbury Science Park, an internationally recognised hub of world-class science, innovation and enterprise.
- Competitive salary
- Great training opportunities
- Develop your career with a multi-award winning business
- Collaborative and forward-thinking work environment
If you are a scientific professional with a solid grounding in microbiology or biology, this is an incredible opportunity to learn and develop with a high growth organisation.
Once you join our business, you’ll discover a highly-skilled team with a strong work ethic and a genuine passion for what they do. We always strive to challenge each other, share our ideas and support one and other to achieve our goals.
So, if you want to help us improve quality of life through the provision of exceptional, customised microbiological services, we would love to hear from you.
As a Scientist, you will help to deliver and report on a range of bespoke microbiological testing.
Supporting the Senior Microbiologists and Laboratory Manager, you will:
- Assist with research and development activities
- Implement and complete scientific tests and studies within set deadlines
- Work in-line with H&S and quality procedures at all times
- With guidance, write scientific papers for publication
- Perform a range of administrative tasks
To join us as a Scientist, you will need:
- At least two years’ experience in a relevant scientific field
- Excellent MS Office skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A degree level qualification in microbiology, biology or similar
- Strong communication skills
A Levels in Biology, Chemistry, Maths or Physics would be beneficial, as would skills in virology, molecular biology and biofilmology. Experience with statistical packages such as Minitab, SPSS or similar would be equally favourable.
Other organisations may call this role R&D Scientist, Scientist I, Research & Development Scientist, Microbiologist, Research Associate, Research Fellow, Scientific Research Associate, Biologist, Laboratory Scientist or Senior Laboratory Analyst.
Webrecruit and Perfectus Biomed are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to take your next step as a Scientist, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.