Medical Oncology Specialist
Medical Oncology Specialist
Fitzpatrick Referrals Oncology and Soft Tissue (FROST)
Surrey Research Park, Guildford, UK
We invite applications for a full-time medical oncologist to join Fitzpatrick Referrals Oncology and Soft Tissue (FROST) in Guildford, UK. Applicants will ideally be a Boarded Oncologist, or Board-eligible (minimum), and be familiar with working in a busy clinical service, including receiving and managing complex oncologic cases, working closely with surgical and interventional oncologists, consulting with practising veterinary surgeons, training medical oncology residents and interns, and providing continuing education.
FROST is the largest independent specialist oncology centre in the UK. It is multi-discipline but all within the field of oncology, providing medical, surgical and interventional oncology services. You would be joining two other medical oncologists within the team of Specialists (ACVS (Fellow, Surg Onc) / ECVS / ACVIM (Onc) / ECVIM (Onc, Int Med) / ECVDI / ECVAA), Residents, Oncology Interns, Surgical Interns, Nurses, Auxiliaries and a Clinical Research Assistant.
FROST is a beautiful purpose-built Specialist Hospital dedicated to advancing veterinary oncology through expert care, teamwork, clinical research, innovative decision-making and compassionate client support. The facilities at FROST are state-of-the-art and include a 160-slice CT scanner, C-arm fluoroscopy unit and Interventional Radiology suite, minimally-invasive surgical equipment, cystoscopy/endoscopy/bronchoscopy, chemotherapy suite, separate chemotherapy preparation and hood room, ultrasonography, digital radiography and full in-house laboratory (for a virtual tour visit https://www.fitzpatrickreferrals.co.uk/guildfordhospital/ ).
Development of research ideas are both encouraged and supported; FROST is located on the Surrey Research Park in Guildford and is ideally located, adjacent to the University of Surrey School of Veterinary Medicine, the St. Luke’s Cancer Centre, and The Royal Surrey Hospital. It is well served by both Gatwick and Heathrow airports and is within 30 minutes of central London via train.
Reporting to the Clinical Director, you will work as part of the Medical Oncology Specialty team and within the wider team by sharing your Oncology knowledge, skills and ideas to help develop the service and the Hospital.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Receive, manage and care for Oncology patients; including complex oncology cases
- Communicate with the wider team on patient care information and treatments
- Maintain records
- Represent and promote Fitzpatrick Referrals, its aims and values
- You may be required to carry out such other duties consistent with your position to meet the needs of the Practice and as the Practice may from time to time require
- Board-eligible applicants are also encouraged to apply
- Familiar with working in a busy clinical service, including receiving and managing complex oncologic cases
- Experience of consulting with practising veterinary surgeons
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Compassionate and caring
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Eligible to register with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Applicants will ideally be an ACVIM or ECVIM Oncologist
- Boarded Oncologist
- Experience of working closely with surgical and interventional oncologists
- Experience of training medical oncology residents and interns, and providing continuing education
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent written and spoken English
Application and Selection Process
- For an informal confidential discussion please contact Nick Bacon on firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must be eligible to register with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons. We can provide advice on this matter for potential candidates.
- Letters of intent and CVs should be sent to email@example.com, stating which role you are applying for, by 3rd October 2019 at 22:00 pm.
- Interviews will take place at the convenience of both parties.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range £90,000 to £110,000 per annum commensurate with qualification and experience
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including PMI, Life assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, generous CPD allowance, workplace pension and free on-site parking
- Permanent contract and full-time hours
Fitzpatrick Referrals Oncology and Soft Tissue, Surrey Research Park, Guildford, GU2 7AJ, United Kingdom
Apply for Medical Oncology Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly