Global People Team Manager
Job title: Global People Team Manager
Employer: The Boston Consulting Group
Date posted: 5 September 2019
Closing date: 3 October 2019
This manager-level role forms a core part of BCG’s Global Consulting People Team serving the needs of BCG’s People functions including talent acquisition, development and engagement. The role helps achieve key People team priorities including strategy definition and project execution and supports regional/local leadership teams and stakeholders.
- Deliver internal People-related strategy-definition projects including:
- Conduct internal data-gathering (baselining) through methods, including stakeholder interviews, data requests, surveys
- Conduct external data-gathering (benchmarking), through expert interviews, external research, working with BCG’s research teams
- Syndicate information with relevant stakeholders across BCG to establish buy-in on key solution elements
- Execute and implement global People-related projects including:
- Identify and build relationships with key stakeholders and functions across BCG
- Establish and play the role of the Project Management Office (PMO) to identify linkages between and coordinate across responsible BCG functions
- Track deliverables from each stakeholder/function against the implementation plan
- Develop internal communications plan and materials for the firm
- Logistics and coordination support for Global People Team activities
- Part of planning team for twice annual Consulting People Management Team full-week offsite events
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure logistics are in place
- Supporting regional and local leadership teams and stakeholders
- Develop internal stakeholder map of regional and local stakeholders for each Global People Team project
- Regularly update regional and local stakeholders via appropriate channels
- Coordinate between Global activities/projects and regional or local activities/projects
Education or Certifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree; advanced degree in related field preferred
- Extensive experience working as a client-facing consultant within a large, complex, global management consulting firm
- Extensive experience working in HR topics
- Experience working with a complex, diverse stakeholder set
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations in an extremely structured, logical way
- Able to resolve complex issues/problems independently with sound judgment
- Self-drive at the module level
- Rigorous and accurate analytical skills
- Ability to challenge traditional way of doing things; to move beyond the obvious
- Ability to address root causes behind issues, understand big picture and long term implications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) – other language skills would be beneficial.
- Prior consulting experience, preferably in a large, global management consulting firm
Technical and functional expertise
- Deep knowledge of human resource (HR) topics
- Design and execution of HR strategy and business processes
- Experience practically applying frameworks to solve business needs
Problem solving, analytical skills and decision making
- Ability to take initiative and find ways to get things done in an unstructured environment
Communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build trust and work collaboratively with senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate at the business stakeholder, process and technical levels.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team bringing a sense of urgency to the tasks at hand.
- High level of initiative, self-motivation, resourcefulness, collaboration and patience.
- Judgment in managing confidential/sensitive information
- A track record of being able to connect as a trusted peer with consulting staff and project leadership
Work management, organisation and planning
- Excellent strategic planning skills.
- Ability to multi-task on different projects under tight timeframes
- Flexibility to work in a non-structured, varying role
- Comfort and adaptability working remotely with virtual teams around the globe
Customer and business focus
- Strong customer orientation towards internal customers.
How to apply
Interested applicants may apply by uploading a covering letter and CV directly to the website.
Date posted: 5 September 2019 Closing date: 3 October 2019
Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
Apply for Global People Team Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly