Library Services Department Supervisor
Library Servicing Department Supervisor
Basic salary between GBP18,000 - GBP24,000 - could be pro rata'd for part time hours if preferred
Based in Hull City Centre
My client is a very well established business who provide Shelf Ready Serviced print books to educational establishments and libraries worldwide. As business has grown and they now supply a number of high profile universities around the UK they are looking for someone to work in the library servicing department, setting up each specific clients bespoke requirements. This role would suit someone who has worked in a public library or academic library and understands some of the cataloguing systems that could help support the team.
- Based in the company head office in Hull city centre
- Working in a team who jacket and service books for libraries worldwide but particularly focusing on the higher education sector with more complex requirements.
- Each client has a specific need so you'd be speaking to customers to set up their individual servicing requirements
- You'd also be responsible for Marc Record enhancements and cataloguing queries
- The role includes supervising and helping to train the team who cover the books, fit the bar codes, security triggers, spine labels and ownership stamps
- You'll definitely need experience of working in a public or academic library previously so you have a reasonable idea of how the process works.
- It's essential that you understand a Marc Record and also the Dewey Range.
- You'll have good organisational skills, be methodical and have an eye for detail
- Experience of library management systems and/or EDI set ups would be beneficial
- Confident telephone communication skills are also required
- The basic salary will be dependent on experience but would be somewhere between GBP18,000 and GBP24,000 per annum
- This role could be considered on a part time basis for the right person with the salary pro rata'd to accommodate flexible hours
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Opportunity to grow and develop within the organisation
This role is available immediately so please get in touch for a confidential conversation
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer