Grounds Maintenance Driver/Mentor
Working as part of our environmental services team, you will work alongside other operatives and undertake grounds maintenance services to all contracted sites which include all aspects of hard/soft landscaping such as; grass cutting, spraying for weed suppression, clearing leaf fall and removal of unwanted growth from trees.
As a Driver Mentor you will be tasked with leading the local team on site, mentoring volunteers and new staff members with a diverse background and actively developing the team by giving constructive feedback. You will be responsible for ensuring our customer standards are delivered, time on site is recorded and that the customers experience of our service is positive. You will be a proactive member of the team, actively learning from customer feedback to improve the service delivery. We have a very clear mission statement, We create clean, safe and attractive communities, a place which our customer can call home.
The successful candidate will have the following;
- Good understanding of relevant health and safety regulations in an Estates environment
- Knowledge of recording the use of vibration (HAV) when using machines
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Experience of using equipment to maintain green spaces
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Flexible approach to working hours, particularly in the summer time
- Full, clean driving licence with the ability to drive up to C1 and ideally hold a PA01 and PA06 pesticide licence
- Knowledge of COSHH law and experience of using mobile devices, such a tablet, is beneficial.
If you’re up for the challenge we’d love to hear from you.
Trafford Housing Trust (THT) is an independent housing company providing more than 9,000 quality affordable homes within the Trafford area of Manchester and across the North West. As a social enterprise, we are a ‘profit-for-purpose’ organisation, striving for a society transformed, free from poverty, inequality and injustice.
In April 2019 we announced that we will be joining the L&Q Group within the coming months, in an exciting deal that will see us build 20,000 new homes across the NW. This represents ambitious growth and a huge vote of confidence in THT’s team and track record.
What Trafford Housing Trust can offer you:
Trafford Housing Trust encourages a healthy work/life balance and we offer an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include;
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Access to the Social Housing Defined Contribution pension scheme
- Annual leave allowance starting at 20 days per annum and rising to 30 days per annum with service
- Free Trafford Leisure Gym Membership
- Access to Westfield Health Plan
We’re actively building diverse teams and encourage applications from everybody. We want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities we serve.
Immediate starts available!
Closing Date: 13th September 2019
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.