Site Reliability Engineer
At Citadel Securities, a leading global market maker, we bring together the brightest minds in technology, financial markets, engineering, and sciences to tackle challenges in the markets. Within our technology team, we leverage the skills of Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) to innovate, reduce complexity, and improve performance of our systems. We’re excited at this time to offer SREs the opportunity to help us design and deploy our next generation of production infrastructure.
In this role, you’ll work with engineers, developers, and trade support teams on our broader technology team.
- Oversee the reliability, availability, and performance of specific applications
- Assist in the automation of repetitive tasks
- Evangelize the approach of SREs to teams across the firm
- Provide early support for applications in production
- Background in computer science, data structure, algorithms, and distributed systems
- Proficiency with one or more programming language (e.g. C++, Python, or Java and Go)
- Demonstrated experience with a range of modern software development tools and practices (e.g. testing, source control, build systems, etc.)
- An understanding of TCP/IP networking, LAN, and WAN, as well as Linux networking
- Experience with building and managing reliable and large-scale systems is a plus, but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent field
About Citadel Securities
Citadel Securities is an award-winning global market maker that helps meet the liquidity needs of asset managers, banks, broker-dealers, hedge funds, government agencies, and public pension programs. We offer a broad array of fixed income and equity products, utilizing a unique set of capabilities and tools designed to drive down the cost of transactions. We strive to provide the most efficient execution and highest caliber of client services, making markets more fair and accessible for all.
Expiry Date: Midnight 01 October 2019
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Apply for Site Reliability Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly