Treasury Assistants X 2
The Role - Main Responsibilities
Based in the Coventry office, the role reports to the Financial Controller. The role will cover all aspects of bank reconciliations, management of the bank relationship, and cash management.
The duties will include:
- Preparing of bank reconciliations (currently 38 accounts) for all group companies. This covers 5 currencies (GBP, Euros, USD, Singapore Dollars and Hong Kong Dollars) for accounts both in the UK and overseas;
- Ensuring that reconciling items are dealt with promptly and that the underlying causes are addressed to avoid recurrence;
- Acting as the main contact with the banks and credit card acquirers: setting up new accounts; dealing with all correspondence; maintaining bank mandates, direct debits, user access to the bank software, etc;
- Maintaining a record of all current direct debits, with supporting documentation, and reviewing regularly to ensure they are still required;
- Monitoring changes to any bank requirements and regulations around cash and credit card handling and highlighting to Manager with a proposed course of action, if necessary;
- Working with the rest of the Finance team, to understand business practices and new projects, then highlighting any cash implications to managers;
- Preparing monthly cashflow analysis by currency plus having input into cashflow forecasting;
- Maintaining approvers for both expenses and purchase orders;
- Support on integration of new acquisitions;
- Support on overseas and group audit, collaborating with group auditors to ensure efficient year end audit and compliance with all relevant accounting standards and regulations.
- Supporting the rest of the team to ensure all deadlines and requests for ad-hoc information are met.
- Prior experience of medium-high volume bank reconciliations is essential although training will be given on the specifics of clients processes and procedures;
- A basic understanding of how all areas of the Finance Department work and interact is important because this role is central to the efficient working of the whole team. Cash must be posted quickly and accurately as exhibitors are not allowed to exhibit without full payment;
- Needs to work with a high degree of accuracy whilst still being deadline focused.
- A clear understanding of processes with the ability to suggest updates and improvements;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to understand issues and communicate the required corrections to the rest Finance team at an appropriate level;
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Excel to an intermediate level. Previous knowledge of Sage 200 would be an advantage.
- Flexibility - This is a fast-paced environment where the workload fluctuates through the year so the person must be able to vary their approach to ensure that they achieve the required results. Additional hours and travel to the London office may be required.
- Prioritisation - As already noted, the role is central to the efficient running of the department so it is essential that the person can appropriately prioritise work and keep their manager informed of any potential issues so that there is time to take corrective action.
- Solution-orientated with a proactive "can do" attitude, working with a sense of pace and urgency, when required. Also, a willingness to delve into the detail to ensure that the source of any issues is identified and tackled rather than just dealing with the symptoms.
- Team Player - Although the person will have clearly assigned responsibilities it is important that they view themselves as part of the Treasury team and the wider Finance team to both give and accept help when required.
Qualifications & Experience
- The person may have a qualification with a body such as AAT but it is equally acceptable for them to be qualified by experience.
- Previous experience of working as part of a Finance team.