Holiday Cottages Operations Manager
Managing all aspects of the day to day operations of Porthleven Holiday Cottages and The Artist Loft B&B. Implementation of efficient systems and processes to ensure the smooth running of the daily operational requirements including the supervision of cleaning and maintenance staff.
Supervision of maintenance works, housekeeping quality control, setting quality standards, checking properties on guest departure, property changeovers, managing linen returns/orders, maintaining stock of peripheral items for welcome trays and general housekeeping. Ensure properties are of a high standard and in good working order in collaboration with the Facilities Manager. Assisting with administration and processing of bookings and guest enquiries.
Proactively developing, improving and implementing guest services to maximise rental income and strengthen the Porthleven Holiday Cottages brand.
- Managing guest changeover days/check-in-out (principally Fridays & Saturdays)
- Working together with the Facilities Manager to maintain properties to a high standard
- Managing issues which arise through on-call telephone service.
- Manage laundry and linen supplies with third party supplier
- Manage amenity packs for incoming guests
- Manage other special guest requests when required
- Manage and Supervise housekeepers ensuring standards are maintained
- Supervise and maintain all housekeepers time sheets
- Supervise payments to housekeepers through Accounts dept.
- Supervise PHC maintenance staff and maintain timesheets
- Assist with Monthly invoicing to property owners for any charges incurred through PHC for works to properties and or ancillary PHC services.
- Inspecting properties to ensure that all aspects of the accommodation meet hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- Supervise PAT testing annually on all electrical equipment in the properties
- Oversee annual Tourist Board rating inspections (usually Feb/Mar).
- Supervise and oversee property maintenance and organise repairs/replacement items as and when needed.
- All aspects of waste management and ensuring holiday property waste is removed and recycled on appropriate days
- Manage contractors required to assist with property management and maintenance tasks and ensure work completed.
- Manage and maintain correct level of linen and other supplies in PHC Store necessary for housekeeping and changeover services
- Review guest comments and take appropriate action.
- Developing ancillary services e.g. barbeque hire, babysitting service, visiting chef, catering services etc.
- Creation of an Annual Maintenance Plan and manage its implementation.
- Create, develop and maintain a register of tradesmen and suppliers to be used by the Company.
- Working closely with the Business Manager and other PHC Staff to provide top quality service and build relationships with other local business and services.
- Cover On-Call Phone Services as and when required (over-time paid for out of hours call outs)
- Taking bookings by phone and email and via the online booking system
- Responding to booking enquiries both by phone and email
April - October requires Saturday working and cover of on-call phone services.
Apply for Holiday Cottages Operations Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly