Trainee Land Manager Apprentice
Duration 18 Months
Possible start date: 23/09/2019
Would you thrive in a job that is making a real difference to people’s lives in your region?
Here at Grand Union, we are more than just a financially strong Housing Association, we are making an impact on the housing crisis, supporting sustainable communities and providing life-long homes for our customers. We provide additional, critical services to support the most vulnerable but we also build shared ownership and outright sales for those who want to get on the property ladder.
We are passionate about our communities and we are committed to being a Learning Organisation, developing talent to deliver our service goals and supporting the next generation into a career in Housing. With this in mind, we currently have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice to join us as a Trainee Land Manager.
About the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity to train to assist in the implementation of the New Business and Development Strategy and the identification of new business opportunities.
You’ll assist in identifying, evaluating and acquiring development sites and assist in project acquisition from identification, due diligence, offer, contract, purchase, planning to pre-start on the sites acquired and handover to the delivery team as well as assisting Project Managers to deliver and project manage schemes.
- Good communication skill
- Good level of accuracy and attention to details
- Interest in working for a housing association or the construction industry
- Good working knowledge of office 365 packages
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Enthusiasm to communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues, tenants and external contacts, e.g. consultants and contractors
- Interest in Project Management techniques (E)
- Team Player
- Attention to detail
- Smartly dressed
GCSE English and Maths – grade C/4 or above or equivalent
- Apprenticeship Standard for Project Management
- Attendance at College and independent study within the workplace
- Regular visits from the College to the workplace
- Observations and assessments in the workplace
- Use of e-portfolio
- End point assessment
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 after five years service
- Aviva Pension Scheme up to 10% company contribution
- Up to 2 paid professional subscriptions
- excellent training and development opportunities
- Free life assurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Health cash-plan including employee assistance
- Regular bonus points from our GUS Intranet, which lead to vouchers
- Free parking at all our offices
- Discounted cinema tickets
- Dress down Fridays.