2nd Line Service Desk Analyst
2nd Line Service Desk Analyst
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
circa £35,000 per annum Plus Pension, Free Parking, 33 Days’ Holiday
Suttons is an innovative, global logistics business with operational centres in Europe, North and South America, the Middle East and Asia.
Focusing on the chemical, gas and fuel sectors, we boast two operating divisions and offer a complete range of tanker and support services to provide best value for money and outstanding solutions to our customer base.
We’re now looking for a 2nd Line Service Desk Analyst to provide exceptional levels of support across our organisation.
As a 2nd Line Service Desk Analyst, you will:
- Provide an advanced level (2nd line) of incident support and resolution for all IT systems, software and hardware
- Install, configure and deploy client-side applications
- Ensure that colleagues across the organisation can utilise the IT solutions they need to fulfil their roles
- Take ownership and develop testing solutions
- Follow-up on assigned tickets and escalate as required with full investigation and documentation
- Take advantage of opportunities to mentor and cross-train junior colleagues
- Liaise with external support providers
- Deliver on SLAs
- Take part in an out-of-hours support rota
To be considered as a 2nd Line Service Desk Analyst, you will need:
- At least five years’ desktop support experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft client operating systems and applications
- A good understanding of deployment technologies (MDT or WDS)
- Advanced Active Directory administration (Users and Computers), hardware diagnostics and fault finding skills
- Strong Citrix Virtual Desktop administration skills
- Strong administration skills in (at least) one of the following: VMware, Citrix Hypervisor or Hyper-V
- Good Azure administration skills
- Good understanding of LAN and WAN network topologies
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems and services
An ITIL qualification would be beneficial to your application, in particular an MCP(s) or equivalent would be highly advantageous.
Other organisations may call this role 2nd Line Support Analyst, 2nd Line Desktop Support Analyst, IT Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, Service Desk Engineer, Service Desk Analyst, Network Support Engineer, or 2nd Line Analyst.
What are the benefits?
- Take charge of all technologies across our business
- Have the opportunity to move into a 3rd line level role
- Get involved in a range of project work in addition to your support activities
- Join a global business with strong family values
Webrecruit and Suttons are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of 2nd Line Service Desk Analyst, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.