We are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Lead, for our Torquay based client. This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward-thinking company, who are going through a period of growth. The purpose of this role is to safely deliver the manufacturing plan, to meet or exceed budget revenue, and meet KPI's of delivery performance, productivity, quality, WIP level and scrap. We are looking for a candidate with Team Leader / Management or Supervisory experience, in the Manufacturing Sector. You will need a flexible approach, and be happy being hands on, and mucking in. Lean Manufacturing experience is desirable, as well as good Health & Safety knowledge. Green Belt, Six Sigma 5S, and Kaizen training would also be beneficial, but isn't essential.
Duties associated with this role include;
- Managing line schedules and ensure that work is prioritized correctly.
- To pro-actively manage any manufacturing deviations from target, and to ensure where appropriate required escalation process is followed.
- Manage the team manning levels, training plans, ensuring effective man management, motivation and communication to the teams.
- Pro-actively work with engineers to address deviations to expected yield and deliver on NPI plans.
- Ensure conformance to Health & Safety.
- Ensure the team is confirming to Quality Procedures.
- Drive product and process improvements.
- To maintain and improve 6S disciplines in the work area.
- To provide leadership, coaching & guidance to Team Leaders.
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive, and successful local business. If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, apply today!