PRODUCTION TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
PRODUCTION TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
Permanent Full Time – 37.5 hours per week worked on a 2 shift rotation between 07.00 & 22.00 Mon-Fri
“Do you want to work for an organisation that makes life-changing pharmaceuticals?
If yes then read on…”
Our client is looking for an individual with experience of investigation and resolution of production events including the introduction / monitoring of CAPA effectiveness, to join their company, experience of writing, amending SOP’s and generation of training materials for the production team would be advantageous. You will need a minimum of 3 years’ experience within a GMP regulated environment to be successful.
What will be expected of you
You will be responsible for:
- The investigation and resolution of Production events including the introduction and monitoring of CAPA effectiveness.
- Monitor and reduce the 7 wastes within Production.
- Initiate and revise Production documentation to ensure that Best Practice is employed and that documentation is an accurate reflection of the process.
- Drive improvements via the Change Control System by continuous monitoring of Compliance and throughput.
- To assist with the generation and delivery of Production training materials.
- Assist with operator validations.
- To assist with quality improvement activities within the Quality Management System
- Contribute to the efficient organisation of the day to day operation of the unit.
- Support Production Batch release activities ensuring that products and documentation meet both the Product Specification and GMP requirements.
- Undertake or assist with routine environmental monitoring including temperature, pressure, particulate and microbiological contamination. To report (on relevant form) any results which are outside the stated limits and participate in the immediate corrective actions, causes and preventative measures.
- To ensure that the relevant principles of “Good Manufacturing Practice” (GMP) are applied at all times
- To ensure compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act and all other relevant legislation e.g. Medicines Act, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- To follow Standard Operating Procedures and to contribute to the development and maintenance of these and other work instructions.
- To be able to adapt and work appropriately in non-routine situations.
- Commitment to participate in any overtime, extended hours rotas or Bank Holidays rotas.
- Completion of the NCFE Level 2 Intermediate Award in Aseptic Services as part of your induction.
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Production Management Team.
- To deputise for the Deputy Production Manager on shift as required.
In return they offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary circa £28,000 – 34,000 per annum (dependent on experience, knowledge & skills)
- 29 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays. Increasing with service
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
Nestled in the heart of the West Country with easy access to the World Heritage City of Bath, and with great transport links to London and private education you can experience an unparalleled quality of life in a company that also has a zero-carbon status.
About the company
The company is a Group which operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors.
One subsidiary within the group produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through their scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve their products and services. A second subsidiary is a growing clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS. A third is a microbiological services business currently in its developmental stage. Its aim is to bring to market innovative microbiological testing and monitoring services, methodologies and technologies in the pharmaceutical manufacturing and clinical/diagnostics sectors. The Group now includes over 300 people with a leading-edge turnover greater than £190 million.
They have invested in a new, multi-million pound manufacturing facility and offices in Corsham, Wiltshire – offering an unrivalled opportunity in a successful and expanding company with a great team spirit.
How to apply
Please apply with covering letter and CV expressing what experience, knowledge and skills you could bring to this role.
Closing date for completed applications is – Sunday 15th September 2019. You will be contacted by Friday 21st September 2019 if you have been shortlisted. Interviews are planned for the w/c 30th September.
Apply for PRODUCTION TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly