Salary in the region of £23,000 FTE depending on skills and experience. Plus benefits
Education changes lives forever. It broadens horizons, breaks down barriers, and fires imaginations. Like the University of Oxford of which we are a part, we are committed to uncompromising standards, freedom of expression, and the enrichment of lives through education. This is our motivation, our purpose, and our mission. It is why 100% of the money we make is reinvested into education and research.
The Journals published by OUP within our Cambridge journals department are published on behalf of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE). This small team of 4 people are based 7 miles west of Cambridge in a converted barn in rural surroundings.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is part of a job share and requires the post holder to work a total of 17.5 hours per week.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day administration and support of an Editorial Office publishing four society-owned, class-leading academic journals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain the editorial email account, dealing with emails and answering the phone
- Take care to note all actions taken in ScholarOne (S1) manuscript Notes
- Ensure the smooth running of the peer review process by monitoring manuscripts’ progress through S1, sending reminders as necessary and alerting colleagues to any problems or potential problems
- Assist with the selection of new Associate Editors by carrying out searches of the reviewer database and monitoring reviewer performance and areas of interest
- Run reports and present information on various matters as needed
- Maintain tables and figures of submissions to the journals
- Organise monthly meetings, including producing an agenda and writing up minutes
- Write weekly handover emails to job-share colleague explaining any ongoing matters
- Ensure that the four journal websites are updated to reflect changes
- Miscellaneous tasks relating to the office, including maintaining stationery and kitchen supplies, organising office cleaning and internet and phone provision
- Book domestic and international train and air travel, taxis and accommodation for colleagues and visiting editors
- Process various office invoices.
You will have a flexible approach to work and will work well in a small team. You will also need to have the following:
- Excellent communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Previous administration experience
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Previous experience of using MS Word and Excel
We care about work/life balance here at OUP; with this in mind we offer 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part time roles). We offer a flexible view to working and therefore welcome applications from those who may require working from home arrangements on occasion. Amongst further benefits, our pension contribution is up to 11%.
Click apply below for further information and to download an application pack.
Closing date: 15th September 2019
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We're committed to supporting diversity in our workforce, and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.