Support Worker - Doncaster - Drivers Essential
Support Worker - Doncaster - Drivers Essential
We are looking to recruit an upbeat, professional support worker to work with four gentlemen with physical and learning disabilities. They live in the Hatfield area of Doncaster and want to live a fulfilled and happy life with your support. You will be part of a positive and supportive team who are motivated by the people we support.
We are working to make our recruitment process more person centred. The person specification document attached has been developed alongside the people who will be supported by the successful applicant. The selection process will use this criterion to match not only skills and experience but also hobbies and interests of applicants with the people being supported. It is likely that the final decision on the success of your application will be decided by the people you will be supporting, and their families.
Could this be you?
What people like and admire about you
* Your friendly personality and energy, your patience
* Your ability to support with personal care with respect for privacy and dignity. Your ability to cope with stressful situations such as challenging behaviour.
* Your ability to respond calmly to urgent situations, such as someone having a seizure.
* You're always friendly and positive when supporting others
* You don't panic and you stay calm in difficult situations.
* You have a great sense of humour, and can handle a bit of banter. You're happy to support people at times that are best for them.
* You value your colleagues and communicate well with them.
* Your desire to include everyone. You can do more than one thing at once.
* You are happy and confident to drive our people carrier.
* Your domestic skills and ability to help teach new skills.
* Your cooking/baking skills
* You love listening to music and going to Discos
* Your ability to get on with and work with people who maybe be very different from yourself. Your ability to work off your own initiative as part of a team as well as lone working
How we will support you
* A good induction to help get you started.
* Good career development with specialist training.
* Shape Your Future development programme
* Opportunity to be recognised as part of our 'Top Talent' scheme.
* Part of a great team helping to do some great things for people with a Learning Disability.
* Be part of the Royal Mencap Society.
If you can work in a people orientated role, are a caring person who enjoys enabling people to achieve their life goals and aspirations we would love to hear from you. Experience within the care sector is an advantage but not a necessity as full training will be provided. You will be required to work on a rota basis which will include mornings, evenings, weekends, and also sleep in duties. Waking night shifts may be required, as well as on-call duties.
Candidates must have full driver's license and 2 years driving experience.
A Mencap support worker said "I love my job. Being part of people developing and learning new skills gives me a real feeling of achievement."
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people's lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
* Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
* Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
* Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
* Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
* Interest free season ticket loans
* Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
* Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
* Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
* Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
* Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it is never 'just a job'.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work