Quality Assurance Officer - Aseptic Pharmaceutical Specials
Quality Assurance Officer
(Permanent – 37.5 hours per week, worked on a rota between 07:00 & 22:00)
“Do you want to work for an organisation that makes life-changing pharmaceuticals? - If yes then read on…”
Our client is recruiting for a Quality Assurance Officer to join their established QA team. This is an exciting position to support our company strategy and ensure that they continue to deliver an exceptional service to the business and their customers.
They are looking for a self-motivated, energetic individual with a proven track record of working within a Quality Assurance Officer role within a fast-paced environment. You should have at least 2 years’ experience of working under GMP or have a degree within a science discipline. Knowledge and understanding of GMP with excellent communication and organisation skills are essential for this role.
To undertake this role, you should have good problem-solving skills with great attention to detail and be adaptable and willing to learn new skills. The successful candidate must have the confidence to give and seek advice when dealing with complex problems. Knowledge and understanding of the principles of QA and previous experience of product release are desirable but not essential as full training and development will be given.
Our client is looking for a proficient QA Officer who is a member or eligible to be a member of Royal Pharmaceutical Society, Royal Society of Chemistry or Institute of Biology, GPhC, Science Council
What will be expected of you
You will be responsible for:
- The final review of pre-manufacture batch documentation, following GMP guidelines.
- The Approval for Use (final release) of all products manufactured or repackaged according to licensing requirements, GMP and professional discretion.
As part of this your tasks will include but not exclusive to;
- Being the primary point of contact as part of the QA team providing information to other departments dealing with the production processes.
- Undertaking continuing professional development and attend any suitable training and update courses as deemed necessary and ensure a high level of competency is achieved.
- Ensuring that staff comply with GMP, COSHH and Health and Safety regulations and departmental SOP’s.
- Participating in any rota system that may operate within the product release team in order to deliver service commitments.
- Highlighting any non-conformances to the relevant personnel.
- Supporting the QA team to include all parts of the Quality Management System that is in place to ensure the company continues to develop activities and policies aimed at improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the service.
In return they offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary £20k - £27k per annum (dependent on experience, knowledge & skills)
- 29 days paid holiday, increasing with service up to 34 days (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme (enhanced company contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
Nestled in the heart of the West Country with easy access to the World Heritage City of Bath, and with great transport links to London and private education you can experience an unparalleled quality of life in a company that also has a zero-carbon status.
About the company
Our client is a group which operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors.
One subsidiary produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through their scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve their products and services. A second subsidiary is a growing clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS. A third subsidiary is a microbiological services business currently in its developmental stage. Its aim is to bring to market innovative microbiological testing and monitoring services, methodologies and technologies in the pharmaceutical manufacturing and clinical/diagnostics sectors. The Group now includes over 260 people with a leading edge turnover greater than £190 million. They have invested in a new, multi-million pound manufacturing facility and offices in Corsham, Wiltshire – offering an unrivalled opportunity in a successful and expanding company with a great team spirit.
Please apply with covering letter and CV detailing what experience, knowledge and skills you could bring to this role.
Closing date for completed applications is ongoing as they will have new starter intakes throughout their 2019 expansion.
Apply for Quality Assurance Officer - Aseptic Pharmaceutical Specials
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly