Working at Dove House in East Hull and Little Owls Nursery in West Hull
We are Dove House Hospice, a dedicated service supporting patients with life limiting illnesses. Providing a range of therapies, services and support, we aim to shine light into the darkest days within comfortable and caring environment.
To help us fund these services, we will often think outside the box and look at areas that would not only align to our values, but also provide sustainable income in the future. So, in May 2016 we opened the doors of Little Owls Day Nursery and welcomed our first children. Within a short period of time, we developed an outstanding reputation in the early years childcare sector.
Our East Hull nursery is based in a separate building on the grounds of Dove House Hospice on Chamberlain Road. The nursery has the capacity to care for around 60 children from the local community in a newly refurbished building with outdoor play areas. Our site in Ainthorpe is a brand new facility, situated within the footprint of Ainthorpe Primary School on Willerby Road.
Due to expansion and popularity of our services, we are now looking for a Nursery Practitioner to join the Little Owls Nursery team, working at our sites in East Hull and West Hull.
- Salary of £17,077 per annum
- Contributory group personal pension
- 22 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays and the option to buy an additional week of annual leave
- Life assurance (3x annual salary)
- Free parking and access to a subsidised canteen
- Free annual flu jab
- Option to join an employee Christmas savings club
- Staff support services
- Great career development opportunities
- Join a friendly team who are truly passionate about what they do
If you have previous early years experience and want to make a positive difference to children’s lives, this is a brilliant opportunity to join an organisation that will support your growth and development.
Here at Little Owls, we are committed to providing a caring, safe, nurturing and happy learning environment, where our children and staff alike are supported to fulfil their potential.
What’s more, as well as contributing to our nursery’s success, you’ll also be supporting Dove House Hospice, an incredible cause that provides a vital service to people within your community.
As a Nursery Practitioner, you will provide a high standard of care to children at the nursery and support their learning and development.
Working as part of a dedicated team, you will:
- Ensure the individual needs and interests of each child are met
- Provide support to Nursery Assistants, students and volunteers
- Keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys
- Develop strong relationships with parents and carers
To join us as a Nursery Practitioner, you will need:
- Experience of working with young children in an early years setting
- A Level 3 qualification in a relevant discipline (as defined by the CWDC)
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to Early Years such as EYFS, SEN, Data Protection and the Childcare Act 2006
- Knowledge of child development and supporting individual children’s needs
- The ability to communicate well with both adults and children
A current paediatric first aid certificate would be beneficial, as would a basic food hygiene certificate. Experience of implementing EYFS would also be an advantage, as would experience of working in partnership with parents.
Other organisations may call this role Nursery Practitioner, Qualified Nursery Practitioner, Early Years Practitioner, Nursery Assistant, Pre-School Practitioner, Room Assistant, Room Leader, Nursery Key Worker or Early Years Key Worker.
This is a full time role, working 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Start and finish times are between 7:15 – 18:15 and will be discussed further at interview stage.
The closing date for applications is the 13th September 2019, with interviews scheduled to be held on the 18th September 2019.
This role is subject to a DBS check.
Webrecruit, Dove House Hospice and Little Owls Nursery are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking a rewarding new role as a Nursery Practitioner, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.