Bristol Rovers Reporter
Our team in Bristol are looking for a Correspondent to join the team to be the go-to personality for Bristol Rovers FC.
The successful candidate will support the busy, fast-paced football desk covering breaking news, matches, opinion and analysis of all things Rovers for fans across all platforms.
We'll consider applications from both senior journalists and trainees who have NCTJ prelims, although experience of football writing would be an advantage.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
- Produce content around Bristol Rovers which will appeal to, and engage, audiences
- Break exclusives, cover major stories and breaking news on Bristol Rovers in a fast-paced digital environment
- Understand the issues which the club's supporters care about and create content accordingly
- Be a personality and face for Bristol Post and Bristol Live output
- Have a proactive approach to content production and promotion
- Work across video, podcasts and social media platforms to deliver content
- Attend matches and events of interest to the club's supporters, telling stories in a way that is optimised for online audiences
- Ensure that Bristol Live is the fans' first port of call for Rovers content
- Create and maintain contacts to source stories around the club to break exclusives lines, interviews and features on topics on and off the pitch
- Liaise with fellow football writers to ensure we are providing a 360° perspective of our clubs and their stories
- Maintain strong relationships with Bristol Rovers stakeholders, including fan groups and other third parties intrinsically connected to the club
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team over ways to improve and innovate the site's output
- Assist with long-term planning and produce content ahead of major events
- Use analytics and data intelligence to guide your own content production
- Ensure all work at all times conforms to Reach Plc's policies and procedures
- Act as a Bristol Live ambassador in the relevant community
The Ideal Candidate
- A Reach Plc or equivalent senior journalism qualification (or relevant time-served experience)
- Demonstrable experience of researching, writing and publishing football content for digital audiences
- A deep understanding of the issues that matter to Bristol Rovers supporters
- Good understanding of digital publishing, including experience of using content management systems, understanding of SEO, audience behaviour and analytics
- Strong social media awareness and presence
- Awareness and understanding of how people use digital media to follow football news
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, discounted gym membership, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at