Manufacturing Quality Engineer / Quality Engineer
Job Title: Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Salary: Depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a well-established manufacturer and renowned experts in precision machining, bonding and finishing engineering grade plastics. They supply global, blue-chip customers in industries including life sciences, medical devices and industrial applications with solutions including fluidic manifolds and optical components.
This role is a key addition to the company's quality team to ensure continuous improvement in quality and manufacturing related processes. You will lead continuous improvement activities including identifying areas, creating action plans and ensuring implementation and checking.
You will lead the initiatives to resolve any internal or client related product or process issues including working with suppliers as required. You will also be required, from time to time, to support the quality inspection team on specific tasks.
You will have use of the latest quality analysis tools including CMM systems, digital optical measuring tools and SPC software (training can be provided as required in these areas).
The position is suitable for someone with quality engineering training and experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably CNC machining, molding or complex assembly. You will be familiar using quality engineering tools and processes including NCRs, root cause analysis, SPC and capability studies.
You will have a solid understanding of mechanical engineering, including the ability to read complex 2D technical drawings. You will have a keen eye for detail, be data driven and have tenacity to plan, execute and conduct thorough root cause analysis. There are opportunities to progress into more senior roles for suitable candidates if desired
- Assess weaknesses and opportunities in current quality and manufacturing process, then lead continuous improvement activities to address these
- Raise Non-Conformance Reports for any client related product issues, and follow the process, including root cause analysis/8D/5Why through to full resolution, including liaison with the client
- Work with the production and quality teams to address any internal quality issues, including raising internal NCRs as required and leading the process to a sustainable solution
- Support trouble-shooting on manufacturing quality related issues
- Support adherence to the Quality Management System, including recommending and leading improvements and updates
- Generate First Article inspection reports and resolve any questions related to these
- Conduct occasional internal audits
- Help with the development of new testing regimes and equipment for specific products
- Documenting results in the MRP system including generating reports
- Support with the inspecting of first-off, in process, returned parts or incoming goods as required
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in a technical/engineering based subject
- Quality engineering training and proven use of quality engineering tools
- Operating in a manufacturing environment
- Proactive approach to quality related issues and problem resolution
- Ability to read 2 dimensional technical drawings
- Proficient Microsoft Office software skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Close attention and a good eye for detail
- Confidence in decision making
- Methodical approach
- Auditing experience
- CMM programming or general use experience
- Supervisory or management experience
- Any basic CAD skills
- CNC turning or milling experience
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Quality Engineer, Quality Development Engineer, Quality Assurance Coordinator, QA, Product Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance, Quality Assurance Engineer, QA Engineer, Continuous Improvement, Improvement Engineer, Quality Engineering, Automotive Quality Engineer, Manufacturing Quality Assurance, Quality performance Engineer, Manufacturing Quality Tester may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Manufacturing Quality Engineer / Quality Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly