Well Being Officer
3 days left
- Part Time
- Build a map of appropriate, affordable activities to boost well-being accessible to Hope residents in the areas where we have housing.
- Work with key activity providers to ensure they have the capacity to effectively welcome and include Hope residents in their activities
- Devise simple systems to help Hope measure, record and refine the contribution of our well-being interventions to confidence and legal outcomes
- Act as housing support worker for 1 of Hopes 12 houses and use this to pilot selective wellbeing interventions
- Provide ongoing support and training to team on facilitating asylum seekers’ access to health care
- Providing advocacy support to clients denied appropriate health care
- Plan, organise and deliver quarterly ‘resident’s voice’ meetings
- Develop an evidence base on the impact of asylum destitution on the wellbeing of destitute asylum seekers in Birmingham (year 2)
- Organise an event to disseminate findings (Year 2)
- Proven experience of working supportively with people under stress
- Experience of promoting well being
- Good listener Organised, able to manage varied workload Capable of working on own initiative outside of an office environment Able to work sensitively within professional boundaries Good written and spoken English Ability to use common office IT software Able to work within a budget
Knowledge and understanding
- Understanding of issues affecting destitute asylum seekers Knowledge of the ‘5 ways to wellbeing’
- Sympathy towards destitute asylum seekers Good at communicating with colleagues and managers Willing and able to travel around Birmingham
- Experience of formal or informal social research Knowledge of migrant entitlements to healthcare
Please apply submitting both a CV and a letter of between 1 and 2 sides of A4 showing how you meet each of the requirements of the person specification.
We are happy to consider experience other than paid employment
People from refugee and migrant backgrounds, who have permission to work in the UK, are especially encouraged to apply.
Apply for Well Being Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly