Home-Start Guildford seeks an experienced, self-motivated person to join the small friendly staff team, coordinating volunteer support to vulnerable families. The role will involve visiting families, training and supervising volunteers to deliver support in the family home, and working together with other professionals.
Home-Start is a leading family support charity, committed to promoting the welfare of young families with at least one child under the age of 5. Volunteers with parenting experience offer regular support to families in their own homes, helping to prevent family crisis and breakdown.
The ideal candidate will have:
· A good understanding of the needs of children and families.
· Experience of working directly with vulnerable families.
· Skills to deliver training and support to volunteers.
· Knowledge of the role of agencies providing services and support for children and families.
· Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding issues.
· Good IT skills and ability to work on their own initiative.
· Car driver and use of car essential (expenses will be paid).
To apply please email your CV with a short covering note to Home-Start demonstrating how your experience and skills meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
Closing date: Sunday 22nd September. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 1st October
All candidates invited for interview will be asked to complete an application form. Appointment is subject to satisfactory references, and a DBS check at enhanced level will be required.
Apply for Home-Start Co-ordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly