Construction Lecturer /Construction Engineer /Service Engineer
5 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Construction Staff
Salary: £23,490 - £35,245 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Due to growth and expansion in their Construction curriculum, they have a number of fractional and full time vacancies.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Undertake teaching duties within established Course Teams and be able to offer subjects in a range of Construction trades and disciplines
- To have an ability to delivery and assessment of National Vocational Qualifications levels as required
- To act as a personal tutor for a group of full-time or part-time students. This will include the completion of student progress files
- To integrate and map functional skills within the curriculum
- To provide constructive feedback on English and Maths to students in the context of their vocational assignments
- To contribute to the development and implementation of flexible learning materials across the curriculum area
- To participate in the enrolment, information and parent evenings
- Maintain quality systems related to the teaching of a range of construction including designing work schemes, lesson plans, assessment plans and assessment activities
- Regularly review and monitor the attendance and progress of learners and follow up as required to ensure learners achieve their targets
- Provide assignment and assessment material appropriate to each specific programme
- Keep up to date with current developments and adapt to changes in the construction sector
- Liaise whenever appropriate with feeder schools and support agencies
- Contribute to the advice and guidance and assessment of prospective learners, e. student interviews and open days
- Contribute to course marketing activities
- Level 3 or above in a Construction related trade area
- Relevant Teaching qualification or willing to undertake such training
- Experience of teaching BTEC, NVQ's or City & Guilds
- Good IT skills
- Experience of working in a teaching or training environment
- Knowledge and/or competencies of health and safety as relevant to the post and a commitment to safeguarding the health and safety of learners and others
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The College is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all sections of the community.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Please click on the APPLY button where you'll be redirected to the college's careers page.
Please note: Only application forms will be accepted
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Construction Estimator, Project Estimator, Senior Estimator Construction, Building Estimator, Trade Estimator, Sales Engineer Estimator, Building Estimator, Surveyor, Quantity Surveyor, Construction Estimator, QS, Maintenance Engineer, Multi Skilled Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Site Maintenance Engineer, Service Engineer, Multiskilled Engineer, Field Service Technician, Service Technician, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Technician, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Technician, Repair Engineer, Repair Technician and Fault Repair Engineer may also be considered for this role