Faithful+Gould is part of the SNC-Lavalin Group, the largest multi-disciplinary consultant in the UK. We are an international company with a great reputation for delivering construction projects and consultancy services to clients worldwide.
Join us and you'll benefit from our unrivalled investment in training and development to ensure you gain the skills you need and grow your contribution to the industry.
Within our Cambridge office we are growing our diverse and collaborative team, and currently have an opening for a Building Surveyor role. This role will help further enhance our client focused delivery approach.
We are looking for a Building Surveyor to work alongside our Senior Building Surveyor and Associate Director based in Cambridge. You will have the opportunity to work with our clients across Cambridgeshire and the surrounding regions. Your projects will be primarily in the Education and Residential sectors with exposure to Commercial Property, Science & Innovation and Heritage. These projects range from GBP250,000 - GBP350 million in value.
This is an interesting role offering the ideal person a unique opportunity to grow and develop your career.
In this role you will have the opportunity to travel to Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, and on occasion work with our colleagues in our NEW London HQ.
What we are looking for:
The preferred candidate will have demonstrable communication skills and will be keen to use your initiative in your new role. Some experience of client facing duties and managing projects with minimal assistance from senior members of the team is expected. The ideal candidate should be working toward their APC Final Assessment or recently passed.
Ideally you will apply a focus on client satisfaction and have experience of liaising directly with clients. You will be punctuality and demonstrate commitment to get the job done.
You will join our growing team of enthusiastic and motivated surveyors and project managers based in Cambridge. Ideally you will be from a consultancy background and familiar with the varied work environments of office, site and client locations.
1. Support the Senior Building Surveyor and Associate Director in delivery of a large education programme.
2. Undertake a wide range of building surveying duties under your own steam throughout Cambridge team.
3. Learn and understand the principles of quality, safety and the environment
4. Learn and apply the corporate governance and quality assurance procedures across all aspects of your work
5. Contribute to the wider team of Surveyors and Project Managers and collaborate across all projects
6. Carry out surveys, inspections, schedules, professional services etc