Senior IT Technician
Senior IT Technician
£26,000 - £34,000
Our client is renowned for providing inspirational education and care to children and young people, resulting in life-changing experiences and countless stories of success. They strive to change young, vulnerable lives every day – and as a Senior Technician, you’ll have the chance to help.
As a tech-savvy individual, you provide excellent IT support, including remote user support. In this hands-on and varied role, you will provide maintain all in-house systems and computer hardware, diagnosing and repairing issues, whilst ensuring that all equipment is operational to meet the business needs. You will be expected to create and configure servers and provide support both to the team and end users.
- With a background in an IT support role, you will have proven experience of managing servers, networks and PCs. You’ll be customer-focused, motivated and organised with experience / knowledge in the following:
- Active Directory
- VMWare and / or other virtualisation technologies
- Installing and supporting MS Exchange
- Installing and supporting Windows Server
Educated to GCSE level or equivalent, you will have a keen interest in IT related projects and will maintain up-to-date technical knowledge. You’ll be a great team player, sharing your knowledge and experience, whilst learning new skills to ensure your ongoing development. You’ll be accustomed to managing a variety of tasks and projects simultaneously and will be able to adjust quickly to changes in priorities and help resolve complex problems. Meticulous and methodical, you will have a systematic approach to troubleshooting and problem solving, whilst working to set timescales.
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing training
- 35 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Group staff benefits, such as a Medicash Health Plan/Employee Assistance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- DBS Enhanced checks and covers the costs for all new employees
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of their young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. They are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.