Adult Services Development Manager
Supporting disabled children, young adults and their families
Adult Services Development Manager (Job ref AD20/19)
Initially funded by Lloyds Bank Foundation until October 2022
Starting Salary Scale 28, £12.76 per hour within scales 28-30
We recently worked with a consultant who carried out a review of our Adult Services Project. Following this, we are now seeking someone to join the team to implement the changes and develop the project in this exciting role ensuring that young adults with disabilities:
- Gain skills and experience to enable them to exercise as much independence as possible and, including volunteering and employment opportunities. Including sleepovers and residential activities
- Are empowered to make informed choices about their lives, including choice about future accommodation and helping the young adults with learning disabilities to navigate dating and loving relationships
- Gain outside recognition for their achievements, by accrediting training and achieving external awards
- Implement the findings of the Adult Services Review
- Develop social enterprise opportunities
- Identify suitable premises for small, group activities
- Explore opportunities to use, hire or create a ‘practice home’ or home-style space
- Work with local colleges of further education and other training providers to identify ways of gaining accredited qualifications
- Identify additional funding to pay for additional activities
- Organise celebration event(s) for the young adults
- Work with Local Authorities, Health and other providers
- Ensure the completion of necessary monitoring and evaluation for funders and commissioners
- Effectively promote and market the service
- Line manage staff within the project
- Act as manager on call, supporting front line staff as necessary out of office hours
- Undertake home visits to young adults to assess need
Based in Derby, this post is an essential car user position.
Comprehensive induction will be provided.
For all roles, candidates must have
- Relevant level 3 qualification (Health and Social care, Teaching, etc)
- Experience of working with parents/carers and/or young adults with disabilities or additional needs.
- Experience of managing a project
- Knowledge of services for families within Derby City and Derbyshire.
- Excellent communication and speaking skills
- An eager attitude towards helping others and an outgoing friendly personality.
Closing Date Tuesday 17th September at 9am. Interviews to be held week commencing 30th September.
For a full job description and application form, please visit the vacancies section of our website