Front-end Web Developer / Software Developer / Web Engineer
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Web Developer
Location: Head Office, Middlesbrough
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Established as a family run business in 1924, the Company has grown to be one of the largest independent retailers in the UK with 32 stores and 7 Concessions,
They are recruiting for a well-rounded junior to mid-level Web Developer to sit within a growing Technology Department at their Head Office in Middlesbrough.
Reporting to and working alongside the Technology Development lead, the role will be focused on providing software development skills across the business as required.
Whilst the role will be focused predominantly on front-end development, the capacity must be shown to demonstrate that a wide range of back-end programming languages can be quickly learned and applied in order to support new and existing projects.
A keen eye for design and usability is essential as changes will be made to customer facing e-commerce websites as well as internal applications.
- Requirement gathering, producing specification and estimates
- Performing software development and design
- Work with the Development Lead in delivering project of varying size and complexity
- Work with internal and external customers to ensure solutions are document, tested and meet stated requirements
- Contribute to software quality standard, best practice and continuous improvement of their software projects
- Maintains professional knowledge by continuous personal development
- Provide ongoing support for existing software applications
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Experience of HTML, CSS, JS & PHP
- Knowledge of Version Control (Git)
- Demonstrable experience of working with MVC Frameworks, ideally Laravel/Lumen
- Experience using RMDBS such as MySQL, Oracle & MSSQL
- Ability to problem solve independently and as part of a team
- Solid programming fundamentals to allow adaptability to changing technology
- Cloud server infrastructure and administration
- Retail / Ecommerce Experience
In return the Company offers:
- Flexible working
- Choice of MacBook, Laptop & PC
- Bonus scheme
- Relaxed working environment
- Modern office space
- Commitment to continuous development
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Apply for Front-end Web Developer / Software Developer / Web Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly