Admin Assistant - Food Export
4 days left
- Part Time
Admin Assistant - Food Export - (Part Time - Job Share)
Location: Shire Park, Welwyn Garden City, Herts AL7 1TW
Apply by: 24/09/2019
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the world’s largest retailers based in our Hertfordshire head office. We are looking for someone who is bright, has great attention to detail and passionate about products & delivering for our Retail Partners across the globe.
As an Admin Assistant in the Food Export Technical function, you will be providing data to support the technical objective to ensure that Tesco products are exported safely and meet the legal and technical requirements of the importing country.
You will be responsible for the technical data required for Retail Partner accounts, being the point of contact for product queries and by providing product data including nutritional, ingredient, allergen and product testing data. It is vital product data is kept up to date for our International Retail Partners, to ensure legal compliance and product safety parameters are met. To achieve this you will be involved pulling data reports from both internal and external systems, collating and presenting data in a readable format.
Working collaboratively is essential in this role, you will support the Technical Manager and wider export team including Product Managers, Business Development Managers and Supply Chain Executives with various technical data requests; in addition you with work with external stakeholders.
Finally, given the international reach of our Food Export Partnership business, it’s important that you are curious about international retailing and take the right steps into understanding how Tesco must adapt from channel-to- channel and county-to-country to serve our Retail Partners and their customers a little better every day.
You will be responsible for
- Gather and collate product data from product specifications required by Retail Partners for product selection and registration of new products.
- Provide/ gather shipping documentation for Retail Partners.
- Provide and maintain product artwork Onedrive folders for Retail Partners.
- Provide monthly reports of product data for Retail Partners.
- Log and investigate Retail Partner complaints with the support of the Tesco Technical Manager.
- Manage product queries from Retail Partners with the support of the Tesco Technical Manager.
- Support the Tesco operations team with product information (shelf life, best before date formats) and quality queries.
- Support the commercial team with product information requests.
- Liaise with external testing laboratories to arrange product testing for Retail Partners.
- Provide support during Retail Partner visits to Tesco Head Office.
- Liaise with Tesco suppliers to gather technical documents e.g., microbiology testing reports, nutritional testing reports, artwork, Material Safety Data Sheets for Retail Partners.
- Support the Tesco Technical Managers based in Asia with product information requests.
You will need
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable & able to prioritise competing demands and delivering to short deadlines
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Highly IT literate, high level of excel is a must including VLookUps & Pivot Tables
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work.
These include but aren’t limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day (this will be pro rata'd)
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work and we are proud to have been accredited as one of Britain’s Top Employers again this year.
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide.
If that sounds exciting then we would love to hear from you!
Please click apply to visit our website for more information and to apply for the role.