3 days left
- Full Time
Starting Salary: £29,272 gross salary pa
Contract: Fixed Term
Hours: 39 hours per week
Driver: Full driving licence
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE - BIT.LY/SariJobs
We have an exciting opportunity to join SARI’s Management Team as our Services Manager.
Stand Against Racism & Inequality (SARI) is a leading hate crime charity based in the South West, opening on average 500 cases every year. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a new key position in the organisation. We are looking for an individual with proven, excellent interpersonal and operational management skills as well as the potential to develop inspirational leadership qualities. You must be able to challenge with diplomacy and be willing to embrace SARI’s mission and ethos. It is crucial that this role works closely with SARI’s co-Directors and Board of Trustees to achieve the overall aims of the business.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- A direct understanding of hate crime and discrimination, and how it affects communities.
- A track record of effective work with BME and other equalities communities.
- Evidence of the ability to contribute to planning, implementing and managing change.
- The ability to inspire, motivate and empower staff, and volunteers.
- Excellent inter-personal, verbal, written communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of different audience and the ability to represent the organisation externally at all levels.
What you will be doing:
- Providing overall operational management to the full range of SARI’s hate crime delivery services, including casework, advocacy for vulnerable victims of crime and ASB, education, awareness-raising and partnership working.
- Coordinating SARI’s service delivery activities ensuring objectives are met robustly via our performance management processes as per funder and contract requirements.
- Managing, promoting and developing relevant policies and procedures and quality assurance systems that support the delivery of services and embed continuous improvement within the organisation’s performance and development.
- Working in conjunction with the Strategic Director jointly and cooperatively to improve and develop services including building strong relationships and alliances with commissioners and other partners to ensure a best practice response to hate crime and to equalities and diversity practice and standards.
What we are offering:
- 20 rising to 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays.
- A very supportive team.
- Never a dull day, in a busy but rewarding environment.
- Please visit our website to access the Application Pack
- If you have any queries, please contact us using the information on our website.
- Application deadline: 5pm, Monday 4th November 2019
- Interviews will be held in the week beginning Monday 18th November 2019.