2 days left
- Full Time
Starting Salary: £20,000 gross pa
Contract: Fixed Term
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Driver: Full driving licence
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE - BIT.LY/SariJobs
We are looking for two Project Workers to join our dynamic team.
Stand Against Racism & Inequality (SARI) is a leading hate crime charity based in the South West, opening on average 500 cases every year. We have strong local partnerships and adhere to the best practice in the sector. Building trusting relationships between communities with protected characteristics and SARI staff is at the heart of our work.
We are looking for hardworking, reliable and flexible candidates with:
- passion and expertise to empower victims of hate crime.
- excellent skills in engaging vulnerable people and enabling them to build positive and trusting relationships, which can be used as a tool for change.
- the ability to offer clear and consistent responses to victims of hate crime, who may present challenging behaviour.
- the ability to work under pressure, managing multiple tasks at a time whilst remaining positive and maintaining focus.
What you will be doing:
- Working with local communities and relevant agencies to encourage reporting of hate crime to SARI and other relevant agencies.
- Managing a caseload of victims of hate crime as part of SARI’s casework team. This could include children, young people and their parents/carers who report hate-based incidents.
- Delivering training, presentations and information sessions to local agencies and community groups in order to maximise response to hate crimes or incidents.
- Planning, developing and delivering activities and resources for children and young people that can be used in one-to-one, group and class room sessions.
What we are offering:
- 20 rising to 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
- a very supportive team
- Never a dull day, in a busy but rewarding environment.
- Please visit our website to access the application pack.
- If you have any queries, please contact us using the information on our website.
- Application deadline: 5pm, Monday 23rd September 2019
- Interviews will be held in the week beginning Monday 30th September 2019.