JOB PURPOSE:To provide swimming tuition and to ensure swimmer safety at all times.
This position is for 3.25 hours per week, term time only for the following hours:
Saturdays 08:30 to 11.45 plus possibility of taking private lessons immediately after dependent upon availability and performance.
- To be responsible for the safety, teaching and development of the children in the group.
- To know and work within the normal operating procedure (NOP) and emergency operating procedure EAP) as necessary.
- Unless teaching in water, always wear a whistle around the neck.
- Do not use the pool before or after hours, except for authorised events.
- To liaise with the Swimming Supervisor with regard to pupil progress and progression to the next level.
- Keep the Sports Centre Manager/Highway Supervisor informed should there be any absences.
- To be responsible for each child from the time the lesson starts, until the time they are handed back at the end of the lesson.
- If a young child needs the toilet, ensure that a parent is available to take them.
- Arrive in time to set up any equipment needed for the first lesson.
- Maintain swim coaching and lifeguard qualifications
- Refer any accidents or emergencies to the person in charge immediately.
- Be willing to fill out relevant end of term report cards as required.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and there will be the need to work flexibly in order to meet the needs of the Sports Centre.
Part time, permanent contract, term time only (36 weeks per year)
Up to £20 per hour depending on qualifications and experience
Hours of work
This post is accountable to the Sports Centre Manager
As soon as possible
A range of benefits are offered including discounted cinema tickets, retail discounts, staff development, contributory pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, car lease scheme, discounted gym memberships, health and dental plans.
How to apply
A completed application form, applicant monitoring form and confidential disclosure for the attention of Mrs Susie Mooney, HR Manager. Please apply via the job board and an application pack will be sent or an e-mail with a contact name will be sent to you.
Applicants selected for interview will be informed within 10 days of the closing date for application. We do endeavour to respond to all applications; however, applicants who have not heard from the School by this time must assume that, on this occasion, their application has been unsuccessful.
Short-listed candidates will need to bring proof of their qualifications and their right to work in the UK to interview and be aware that references will be requested prior to interview.
Closing date: 8th September 2019.
Apply for Swimming Instructor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly