TV Reporter - Express.co.uk
3 days left
- Full Time
Express is looking to recruit a reporter to join our TV team! We are looking for a dynamic reporter who knows their Netflix and Amazon Prime as well as their BBC and ITV - covering everything from Mindhunter and 13 Reasons Why to Coronation Street and Great British Bake Off. You will be full of ideas and be ahead of the curve in terms of current hit series and the ones we will be raving about in the weeks and months to come.
We are Reach because it's what we do
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
- Generate and cover day-to-day TV news, ensuring that the focus is always on the site's most-searchable stories.
- Show an understanding of the websites and ensure a steady flow of content around these names.
- Use your PR contacts to pull in exclusive interviews and news stories that will deliver a richness of content to the site.
- Push content via Facebook and Twitter, in accordance with the digital social media policy.
- Optimise stories in accordance with the digital SEO strategy.
- Able to react quickly to breaking news stories.
- Wherever possible, identify unique headlines and angles for stories covered elsewhere to make content more searchable.
- Write and edit in accordance with digital house style.
- Read all the other competitor sites and form a thorough knowledge of competitors.
- Monitor Twitter for content.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, multitask, forward plan and develop relationships with PRs.
- An experienced digital journalist with familiarity with CMS, Photoshop and Google Analytics.
- Professional understanding of journalism law.
- Attention to detail and developments in the TV/showbiz world
- Able to work shifts based on 5 days out of 7 between 7am-3pm/ 3pm-11pm
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at