Advance Content and Social Media Writer
4 days left
- Full Time
North Wales Live is looking for a creative, talented and highly-motivated advance content and social media writer to join our thriving newsroom based in the heart of North Wales.
We are looking for a passionate individual who lives and breathes news and has their finger on the pulse of what's happening in North Wales and beyond.
Flexibility is a must for this role as you will be required to work morning, evening and weekend shifts to help serve the millions of loyal online readers that North Wales Live serves every month.
You will have a keen eye for a story, excellent organisation and storytelling techniques as well as the ability to research and write stories in a clear and engaging way for our loyal online audience.
Superb social media skills are essential for this role while the ideal candidate will also have a sound knowledge of SEO and online analytics so we can continue to give our growing online audience the content they want, when they want it.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
- To create compelling & shareable content for the North Wales Live's digital & social media platforms
- Help develop and manage North Wales Live's various social media platforms, accounts and associated groups
- To scour social media page for story leads, ideas and conversations - and sharing these findings with the newsroom as a whole
- To become a fully-flexible digital writer and producer - making our digital platforms the go-to places for people living, visiting and planning their lives in North Wales
- Schedule content to fit around social media and search spikes, including evenings and weekends
- Provide working flexibility to ensure major events are covered to their conclusion and beyond if necessary - as informed by web analytics
Actively contribute in formulating and delivering new social media and content stream ideas
- To identify, source and shoot North Wales-related video content and still images for publication online and on our social media sites
- Upload audio, video, images, content to web as required
- To use analytics and software such as CrowdTangle to inform North Wales social media and advance content creation decisions
- To keep up-to-date with online storytelling and social media developments and to share any new innovations or findings with colleagues
- Record interviews for use on online platforms and edit audio to an acceptable standard for broadcasting online
- Ensure that all content conforms to IPSO guidelines
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent online storytelling techniques, superb social media skills and a deep understanding of how to make content engaging to digital audiences. You should also be fast, organised and accurate.
You'll have your NCTJ or equivalent, however we will consider candidates without this who have an exceptional track record in digital publishing.
Full driving licence is essential.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, discounted gym membership, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at