Senior Air Quality Consultant
1 day left
- Full Time
Job Title: Senior Air Quality Consultant (U)
Location: Can be based in any of their UK offices
Salary: £30,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is an independent, integrated safety, environment and engineering consultancy, and was established in 1996 in Glasgow, Scotland. Since then, the firm has grown to employ 40 motivated engineers, scientists and supporting professionals across the U. They have regional offices in: Belfast, Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Inverness and Middlesbrough.
A positive place to work, they aim to implement the motto 'See a Difference' in everything that they do.
The company are currently seeking a Senior Air Quality Consultant to join their growing team, with the possibility of working from any of their U. offices. There is the potential to progress to Principal Air Quality Consultant, and ultimately lead the firm's air quality services, for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will posses an Honours or Masters Degree in an Engineering, Science or Environmental discipline (or similar) and have a have a full U. driving licence with clean driver record. Professional chartership(s) and membership of the IAQM would be viewed favourably.
The ideal candidate will have experience with regards to one or more of the following areas/disciplines, preferably in a consultancy role:
- Completion of air quality assessments for a range of projects in both an industrial (permitting) and planning/development setting.
- Experience with dispersion modelling software such as ADMS.
- Environmental permitting (e. Industrial Emissions Directive, via PPC/EPR/IPC) and associated regulator liaison (e. SEPA, EA, NIEA, EPA).
- Environmental planning and associated regulator liaison (e. Council EHOs).
- Knowledge of UK air quality legislation, policy and associated guidance.
- Specifying air pollution control strategies/technologies with reference to the principles of Best Available Techniques (BAT).
- Business development, business planning and mentoring of junior staff in relation to the above.
Experience in other environmental disciplines, particularly noise, would be viewed favourably. The opportunity to upskill will be offered to the successful candidate.
The Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits programmes with growth opportunities. They support career development to include active participation in membership of professional organisations. For the right candidate, the opportunity exists to work towards becoming a shareholder of the firm.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and position requirements. Potential candidates are requested to provide an indication of their salary expectations and confirm which office(s) they would consider working from.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Environmental Consultant, Senior Consultant, Air Quality Engineer, Engineer Consultant, Chemical Engineer, Process Engineer, Environmental Advisor, Environmental Coordinator and similar may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Senior Air Quality Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly