Qualified preschool assistant wanted for a flexible, part-time work opportunity.
This opportunity is for an enthusiastic applicant to join a small, friendly team in delivering the Early Years’ curriculum. You will be providing care and education to the under 5’s and creating a stimulating environment for them to experience and explore new and exciting activities to facilitate them gaining skills to enhance their lives.
Main duties and responsibilities.
Applicants must hold a relevant NVQ2 or equivalent in Childcare And Education.
Applicants should, ideally, hold certificates in Paediatric First Aid and Safeguarding 1 and 2 however this is not essential.
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities and Inclusion
- Set up and tidy away the playroom adhering to health and safety policy
- This is physically demanding role which requires an adequate level of mobility. Facts that may impede this must be disclosed to the manager.
- To ensure child records are kept up-to-date
- To have awareness or Prevent duties and Cultural Capital
- To record accidents and incidents appropriately
- To attend half termly staff meetings and occasional events.
- To respect confidentiality of all information received
- Show understanding of policies procedures and risk assessments
- To prepare drinks and snacks and clean up after these times and undertake domestic jobs within the setting e.g. cleaning equipment and ensuring room is kept clean, tidy and safe
- Attend and participate in staff training and development, annual appraisals and regular supervision meetings
- To carry out other duties requested by the Manager that may reasonably be expected within your role
- To be aware of the high profile of the Preschool and to uphold its standards at all times both within work hours and outside
- To enjoy and feel valued for their efforts and experiences
- Applicants should, ideally, hold certificates in Paediatric First Aid and Safeguarding 1 and 2 however this is not essential.
Click apply below for further information and to submit a copy of your CV.