4 days left
- Full Time
An Electrical Engineer is required to support the upkeep and maintenance of Printing equipment and machinery in a large, technologically advanced National Newspaper Plant.
This position is ideally suited to an experienced Reactive and Proactive Electrical Technician preferably with a background in the printing industry, but not essential.
You should be comfortable working as part of a Technical team, bringing with you skills that complement the daily Electrical maintenance routines and reactive repair procedures within the team, ensuring performance targets are met and operational efficiency is maximised.
Hours are average 37 hours per week Monday to Sunday. Technical staff work a varied rotating shift pattern, ranging from Days, Lates & Nights
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
- General Production and Building maintenance and repairs
- Diagnosing faults, breakdown problems, troubleshooting all machinery and equipment within the building
- Flexible working approach.
- Liaising with other Technical and Production departments
- Ensuring there is continuous cover for the Plant in case of breakdowns
- Working within a Health & Safety environment following policies and procedures to assist in making improvements
- Support for the Planned Preventative Maintenance System
The Ideal Candidate
- Time Served Electrical / Electronic Engineer
- Proactive approach, displaying a positive attitude
- Experience of working with PLC's , Synchronous systems , Industrial PCs and Building Services .
- Experience of working in a manufacturing industry would be an advantage
- Experience of working in a highly production based environment
- Work flexibly to support colleagues within both Technical and other departments.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Possess detailed analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well within a team environment
- PC compliant with various Google formats and shared drives
- Qualified to HNC level or NVQ Level 3 in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Apprenticeship served
- Manufacturing based experience
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, and a contributory pension scheme, contributory private health scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, discounted gym membership, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.