IT Support Apprentice
IT Support Apprentice
Port Talbot, Wales
TWI is one of the world’s leading independent research and technology organisations, with expertise in materials joining and engineering processes. We develop innovative solutions for real industry problems that can have a profound impact on the world and people’s lives. TWI actively supports diversity and inclusion, and recognises the importance of creating a culture where everyone feels valued for the contribution they make.
This position has been produced as part of an initiative known as AEMRI (Advanced Engineering Materials Research Institute), which is funded by the Welsh European Funding Office (WEFO) using European Regional Development Funds (ERDF).
We are looking for an IT Support Apprentice for our offices in Port Talbot, Wales. We are a busy and friendly team, responsible for the support, development and implementation of the IT systems and communication infrastructure supporting TWI’s business. You will attend an academic course (dependant on the successful candidate’s qualification), and a dedicated team member will mentor the successful applicant during their apprenticeship. A varied and interesting position, which will allow the successful applicant to:
- Gain first line support and troubleshooting experience.
- Develop the required soft skills to be able to deal with people at all levels within organisations.
- Develop time management skills and work within real world IT situations.
- Deal with both end user and server administration tasks.
- Learn a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Windows/Server and Microsoft Office, Mobile device management, Track-It, Apple products
- Be a valued member of a small team and conduct yourself in line with TWI’s values of teamwork, innovation, taking responsibility, customer focus, adaptability and respect.
Success in your application requires:
- Basic technical knowledge with a common sense approach.
- Provide excellent customer service and engagement with stakeholders
- Methodical and organised approach to work
- Effective communication skills, a self-motivated attitude and team-working approach
- An interest in Customer Engagement software solutions / business social media would be an advantage.
You will be self-motivated and have the ability to integrate into the busy team, have an enthusiasm to learn. The role is Port Talbot based, however, we anticipate require regular travel to the Cambridge Head Office during the first 6 months of the apprenticeship training.
Job Profile: Apprentice
Hours: 36 hours p/wk.
Closing Date: Monday 16th September 2019
To find out more about TWI and our corporate culture please visit our website
To apply, please click below